Thread: looking for help from you veteran Baiters!

Default looking for help from you veteran Baiters!

I have a bait site set up on the southern part of the dalton and we have been told that it holds some good bears. As of last weekend we have had zero pics and zero hits! It is frustrating me to no ends! I am trying to get my wife her first archery kill and we can't seem to attracked a single bear. I am tempted to set up another site but we have so much work and food at this one. My question to you veteran baiters is has anyone familiar to that area and how those bears act? I know guys south of livengood are getting hit but I keep thinking maybe the farther north the later they will hit, do you think that is true?
    We have a mix of dog food and wet cob mixed all up with lots of pancake syrup and powdered sugar. We also cooked 3 pounds of bacon and poured the grease over the bait and scattered the pieces on the ground. We have a couple dozen salmon fillets hanging in trees and we have burned crisco,powdersugar and jelly when we are on stand but nothing! I figured it has to be a lack of bears but what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance for any input and by if your wondering I am not giving up!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

man.... it is too hot up there the bears are hardly moving the ones that are seen are panting like dogs and trying to crawl under the moss... our were not hit either both in great locations one stand has been there over 8 years. and is well established.. evey one i talked to said they were seeing fewer then normal due to the heat...it was 80+ in the woods and over 100 in the sun during the day... FT yukon was the hot spot over the weekend if that gives you any idea...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

STUPID Bears, your serving better food than I feed myself. Where is that barrel, I am hungry.......

Smoak'nGun I'm no veteran by any means, but we're experiencing the same thing and if you look through the threads we're not alone. Maybe some cooler weather will turn it around yet. I dont care so much about a rug this year so rubbed hide does'nt matter to me, just after some meat so later is ok with us.
    Paul

I wouldn't worry too much. This hot weather is primarily to blame. Never seen anything like it. Until it moved in I had a bear or 2 on my stand everyday. But for the last week and few days, NOTTA. Nothing. No bears.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Got a 5+ footer up that way about 15 days ago now. Bear came in at about 9:30 pm. 2nd to 3rd week of may the site was really active but it has slacked off since then.

Why the heck would you live in North Pole / Fairbanks anyway!!!??? Everyone knows the SouthCentral is WHERE ITS AT!!!

Just pokin' fun. Sorry about your slow season.

Taylor

Default bears?

How long has your bait been out? establishing a new site can take longer to attract bears than one thats been used for years. Also if im not mistaken salmon fillets are illegal to use where im at the head bones and viscera is ok but actual meat can get you in trouble with the troopers.

Geoff you are correct, It's illegal to use sport caught fish as bait. If they were caught subsistence, good luck proving it....That's not a position I'd want to be in.....

Good luck!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Default A receipt!!!

Go buy some fillets from the store and have a receipt. Dont know if that would help, but you already hung em up.. Good luck the rest of the season.