Thread: Death of a baitball

Default Death of a baitball

Went into my stand last night and it was hit real hard. All food gone and the new bait ball i put up last week is gone also. Here is a picture of the thief.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Haha. It sure is fun to see them climb. I have some cool video footage of one climbing a tree about 20 ft away from my stand last Sunday. He really wanted the bait I had in the tree.
    Sorry about the loss of your bait ball.

I hang my bait ball between two trees. That way they can't climb one and get it. It hangs in the middle with 10 feet between it and each tree.

Lil Booger
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

I was thinking that ill put a big hook in the next one, you know to make it hang around longer.

Default Thief

I am not sure he is the one doing it; he's just climbing a tree. Must be the one that is supposed to take the fall and get blamed for the deed.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Quote Originally Posted by akspawnner View Post
    I was thinking that ill put a big hook in the next one, you know to make it hang around longer.
    Snaggin' bears?? Just pokin' fun. Next season we'll see about eyebolts.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

they will just climb out o the string until it breaks they will just do anything to get those balls

I'm on my second bait ball. They didn't break the line on the first ball, they just tugged on the knot till it came down some on the tree and the ball slid down the line right to them. I came back a few days later and the line was still there but the rope from the ball was just in tatters! I'll get some pics of it.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

my bait ball was suspended but on large enough rope a bear could go out to it , don't think they did. but ball was tennis ball size after 2 weeks, then did not change next 2 weeks. don't know if PWS had alot of rain in that 2 weeks but none 2nd 2 weeks.
    great photo.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Its funny, i have a lineman friend that looks just like that climbing a power pole.