Thread: anchorage lake fishing

Default anchorage lake fishing

I just wanted to get some feed back on what the best lakes to fish in anchorage. I have fished sand lake, cheney lake quiet a few times, and just recently delong lake. And i was just curiouse to see what i might be missing out on.
    Thanks- Jimbo

Default besides the ones you mentioned...

i fish at those lakes as well. i also fish at jewel lake and campbell lake by kincaid park. on my first visit to jewel lake this year i saw an interesting fish. it kinda looked like a pike, but looked more like a burbot. anyone seen anything like that? the one i saw was about 4 inches long.

junnoe82: What you saw was probably an Alaska blackfish. Related to northern pike, blackfish are also native north and west of the Alaska range, but are invasive in southcentral. They are very cool fish.

Before I moved out to Peters Creek, I used to frequent Campbell Point (Beer Can) and Jewell lakes. Campbell was always less crowded. As I recall, the lake has a healthy population of lily pads later in the summer...mostly on the east and south shorelines...that attract and hold fish well.