Thread: Deep Creek Boat ramp

Default Deep Creek Boat ramp

Has anyone used the boat ramp in the parking lot this year? I'm thinking about taking a run down in the morning, but I'd hate to get there and not be able to launch my 20' sportsman due to the winter ice destroying the launch area.

the launch is there and usable i guess, i was there over the weekend. i didnt see anybody use the launch though. it was the first time ive seen it in usable condition.

Thanks I used it a lot last year and it works great. Just need to launch and recover at mid tide to be able to get out the mouth Plus it's better than making the run from homer

Default Launch

Get one or two friends to share the cost of the tractor launch and you can fish any point in the tide. Just an option.

the launch price isn't too bad, it's just that my trailer isn't set up good enough for that. I have guide ons in the back, but not down the sides. Or else I would launch there.

Default good

I used it on Friday and Sunday in my 16' zodiac. there is a couple rocks at the end past the concrete that you have to get a little ways further out. I put in about 3 hours before high tide and coming back in at 1-2 hours after was better than going out when it was lower...no issues though. You shouldn't have a problem if you time it right.