Thread: Did you find a .45-70 this weekend?

Red face Did you find a .45-70 this weekend?

Loading my black bear into the WiggyVan, I leaned my .45-70 against a tree on Snug Harbor Road, Kenai. Drove off without it...

Bonehead move on my part, but PLEASE, if you picked it up, give me a call. I've got alot of time with that rifle.

Yeah, it's nice, but in your hands it is a STOLEN rifle. If you ever get checked with it, you will be treated as a criminal.

Please call me or the Troopers. I'll give you a sizeable reward if that's what it takes to get it back. Priceless in my hands, but STOLEN in yours.

Do the right thing. I have faith that there are still some good fellas out there.

I'm devastated.

Taylor
    (907) 952-4616

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

GEEEEZZZZ! mark.... thats worse then the ol guy i took out leaving his bullets in the tent.... only to find them the next morning in his pants pockets....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Sad to hear

Hate to hear about your rifle. Sad way to mess up what sounds like an otherwise successful evening. Saw your post in the general hunting forum and couldn't believe it walked off in such a short time in the middle of the night.

Hope you get it back soon, and realize your loss does not justify holding out the successful hunt report with clear color photo's. Just funnin, I still haven't gotten around to reporting on our brown bear hunt, but sure enjoy seeing folks pictures.

Will
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

DOH!!! Hope the bears don't get it.
    Originally Posted by BIGBOB
    Estimate of time of death appears to be same day he died.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    GEEEEZZZZ! mark.... thats worse then the ol guy i took out leaving his bullets in the tent.... only to find them the next morning in his pants pockets....
    Are you implying that Marc is getting old?

The bear is in the "Pimped Keg Diner" thread. Thanks. It's ongoing. I'm now gonna trophy hunt that stand or try to get my wife a bear.

Thanks for the well-wishes, fellas. Take a look at the flyer and picture I posted over in Hunting Forum. I'm making it my mission to find this rifle and a group effort is TRULY appreciated.

It's not the END of my world, but it sure bites!

Taylor

-[]--------->