Thread: Grouse Guides?

Default Grouse Guides?

I have had a 79 year old gentleman who wants to hunt grouse in the Delta Junction area this August. He plans to fly up with his dog from NC. His family is a bit worried about his health and he wants to do this before he gets any older. Does anyone have a reasonable upland bird guide or lodge to possibly recommend?

Default granite mountain game birds

http://granitemountaingamebirds.com/contact_us.html

These folks do planted hunting on farms, but if your hunter is wanting to go to Delta for Grouse then he is more than likely looking for sharp tails in the burn areas. These folks should know where to take someone or tell someone where to find the birds.

Default Much Appreciated

AK Ray - thanks!

I've read this thread a dozen times, and each time thought of responding and offering to take this gentleman and his dog hunting...but I'm a real busy guy, have a lot of people who want me to take them hunting each fall (typically hunting over my dogs), and I tend to get a bit selfish about using my limited time for my own hunts over my own dogs. Having said that, perhaps you could have this fine gentleman contact me and we'll see just what I can do.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McCann View Post
    I've read this thread a dozen times, and each time thought of responding and offering to take this gentleman and his dog hunting...but I'm a real busy guy, have a lot of people who want me to take them hunting each fall (typically hunting over my dogs), and I tend to get a bit selfish about using my limited time for my own hunts over my own dogs. Having said that, perhaps you could have this fine gentleman contact me and we'll see just what I can do.

Jim
    KUDDOS and sincere admiration to you sir--kindness this unselfishly given will be a reward on judgement day. Bless you.

Rich
    I give thanks to the vetrans, as they have aided in my priviledge to hunt and fish the great State of AK. and alow me to sleep safely at night.

That is a very kind gesture Jim!