Thread: H&K or Sig..?

Default H&K or Sig..?

Its time for me to get a new toy! I have been doing research and am down to two options; Sig p226 E2 or H&K p30. I've held both, and love them, but I have not yet shot the H&K. any thoughts? am looking for any advice you all might have. Unless your the guy from Sportsmans that keeps telling me to get a Glock. NO! (not trying to start a glock war, they have their place. Just not in my safe.)

no experience with H&K, but i love my Sig p226, p229, p239. you won't go wrong with that 226

sig hands down

I have both a P30 and sig 226. The p30 is more concealable and I like it better. I have had no problems with the sig, I just like the way the HK feels in my hand.

Proper fit. Whichever has it.

I'd be hard pressed to pick a loser out of that pair...

I've had several Sigs which all performed beyond expectation. I've only had a single H&K but is was a very good performer.

I think it would just boil down to personal preference.

Both are reputable, well made pistols and should serve their intended purpose well. I think seant hit the nail on the head when he said he likes "the way the H&K feels in my hand." Personally, I much prefer the feel of the Sig, but I am not questioning his choice. I recommend you handle both pistols as much as possible and make your decision on which one "feels" best as that will make more impact on your satisfaction than any other difference in the two pistols you mention.

I have 2 H&K USP Compact 40S&W's. One for work and one for home. I didn't want to train with one type and defend the home with another. The P30 has a few improvements over the USP but it's very similar.

My brother has Sig P226 Equinox 40S&W. I like the Sig much better. Less felt recoil and a better fit in my hand. Both guns are expensive and well built. Which ever one feels best in your hand will be a winner.

If you have a chance take a look at a CZ 75. They feel nice and shoot very well for less money. I bought one in 9mm for my wife and it has become one of my favorites.

http://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-75-compact/

Here's a pretty good video comparing H&K and SIG, although he has a USP instead of a P30... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5aO58_fwGk

I have a P226 and USP, and I can tell you that his analysis is pretty much dead on.

thanks all. ill be sure to post my choice once i make it.

I've always wanted a Sig 229, but I shoot the HK USP Compact better. Both great companies that make top of the line guns. I would say the biggest difference is that the HK uses a polymer frame and the Sigs use alloy aluminum (and are a bit heavier). Try and shoot samples of both. In the end, it will just be personal preference. Both are awesome guns.

Another vote for whatever fits better, although I am partial to the SIGS, especially the new E2 which I fondle every day

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    although I am partial to the SIGS, especially the new E2 which I fondle every day
    E2, very nice handgun, on my fondle list too...