Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: king river dusty and ignorant people

Talking king river dusty and ignorant people

I dont think we will spend another memorial day weekend at king river again. If you didnt have a face/dust mask you will be coughing dust for weeks until it rains up there. The atmospher was also a complete disrespect for anyone trying to enjoy a civilized weekend. You would think going 4-wheeling means into the woods somewhere. At one point you couldnt see the end of the trailer it was so choked with dust from people rideing around the camping areas and doing burnouts on the side of the road in the 5 inches of dust! The funiest thing that happened though was We met a guy and his girl up at Ruby lake that wanted us to leave so they could have their privacy. If you know Ruby lake, its not a very private area! The huge area right in the middle of the lake up on the hill is where they thought they would get some quality time i guess. If your hunting camp is set up i will move on, but telling someone they cant enjoy the scenery is not going to make me move on. We enjoyed the day at the lake needless to say, and he took his girl to some other private romantic spot, i guess. We did have a couple of emergency situations and were heroes when we shared toilet paper with two needy groups that forgot theirs!! So, cross off King river, and remember toilet paper for emergencies! Otherwise, it was a great 3 day vacation away from town.

Default You'll have to trust me on this one...

I can't possibly imagine how King's River could have been as bad as Jonesville. I'm serious. Hundreds upon hundreds there. It COULD be awesome but it's just not meant to be. I don't think I'll ever go back out four wheelin' on a holiday weekend. It was insane. All the miles of trails and these low life "look at me" a-holes blitzing back and forth, back and forth, at top speed. It was like Burning Man meets Mad Max. It was down right apocalyptic!

You gotta see the drunk shirtless schmuck with his had on backwards blasting straight through a blinding dust cloud just missing an eight year old on a 50cc four wheeler to believe it. Then there's the drunk woman that took her dog out for a drag behind her four wheeler to give him some exercise! The side by side with twelve mexicans hanging on to it at top speed at 3am was pretty entertaining too! The stolen four wheeler across the parking area was just so fun too.

Then there we were, parked by the signs at Eska Falls that say "No ATVs", having to tell our kids, "No, we walk from here to the falls." and explain why, only to have two of the knuckle dragging, low brow, inbred, mouth breathing chuckleheads that we noticed dust storming everyone's camps just blitz on past the "No ATV" signs. It would've been great timing to teach the kids if they'd been busted.

And the pallet burners... there's a special place in hell for you. I hope all the flats in the world upon you all.

And the people who go out trekking across the meadows and marshes just to play in the mud, YOU will SURELY get it all closed down. We didn't see you or we'd sure stop and talk to you, but can't you figure it out on your own? Don't you understand what'll happen to our sport if you don't stop?

Is this what Alaska's about? I used to think it was a small percentage of the crowd but after this weekend, I'm really not so sure. I'm saddened. It was Godawful. The noise, the dust, the garbage, the insanity of it all. It's hard to fathom.

Me, I'd gladly pay $20 a night for them to improve the place and hire a park ranger to enforce a few simple rules. It's more than obvious as that the lowest common denominator has been adhered to.

It's unfathomable and no wonder that we offroaders have such a poor reputation. I'd like to see the day when no cleanups are needed. No burned out cars. No burned bedspring mattresses, no nail piles from pallet burners, no piles of busted bottles, no shot up appliances, no mountains of empty shot shells and cartridges, no air flight choppers for the goofy gomers.

Dozens of us left and went home early. If that's the Alaska that people want, I guess I might just have to leave them to themselves.

It seems to me that no public area here is exempt from the stupidity, none at all.

Yes I wonder sometimes, what would happen if they ran things up here like they did in the lower 48 that would suck. In a way shame we don't have counties up here so the sherriff departments could regulate on these camp sites. Nothing will be done with these turds until someone is killed by o e the bumblng idiots or they shut the whole area down. But by then it will be to late just pushing people further north then those area will tire of the idiots coming out of anchorage and real soon we will be doing laps in our back yards because we will not be able to ride any where

I thought we had it bad at Petersville with 2 groups of drunken idiots at 2 a.m., told the wife no more holiday weekends.

I would rather convoy across Iraq than take my family to any of the places mentioned here on a holiday weekend! If some clown riding like a jerk took out one of my kids on his little 80 there is a very high probability that I would be explaining myself to 12 people and a lawyer in a black robe...

WOW.......it was nice and quiet here. I wondered where everyone went too.

For some odd reason I expected it to be a little quieter myself. King River must have been the over flow for Sutton. The midnight burn out contests were entertaining, the near-brawl near our camp was interesting and the dust was great...
    I'm thinking next year I'll be going somewhere else for sure.
    I was wondering what Sutton was like, I knew that place would be a joke for camping, even on non-holiday weekends it's getting pretty bad.

This has been our experience the last two years, and this year we stayed home. We can ride next weekend, when many of those knuckleheads will stay home. Generally the holiday weekends are nuts, which I find odd because we tend to go out nearly every weekend all year round but apparently there is a big population of people that only go out on holiday weekends.

I'm glad we missed the chaos and rudeness.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Default Mem Day weekend...

... can be bad most anywhere you go; beach, river, wherever. It seems to bring out the worst in folks, and every campground, whether official or unofficial, is absolutely clogged with ignorant, selfish, short-sighted people.

Around here we just stay at home on Memorial day, 4th, and Labor Day, and wait for the convoys of toy laden RVs, trucks, and trailers to head back north.

Nothing $5 and up gas won't solve. They'll all stay home in Anchorage and get drunk in their backyards. It'll be a great opportunity for the APD to earn some overtime.

Smile Knik was fine

We didn't camop so I can't say how the night life was but we spent all day on Sat. out there and the crowd was small and everyone was behaving themselves, the dust was everywhere but didn't have anyone blasting by on the trail, there seemed to be fewer camps than most weekends and there was plenty of space in the parking lot.
    I guess everyone thought it would be a zoo so they headed to King River, petersville or Sutton.
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

More likely the types that cause these problems didn't go to Knik because they knew the troopers would be out there. It is a great change that has gone on over the last several years!!

Default stayed home

I stayed home on purpose. I learned my lesson long ago to avoid holiday weekends. I did make it out to Olnes Pond last night to let the dogs cool off and ended up bringing 6 bags of trash back with me in my poor little gas sipper. Don't people know that just because there's no garbage cans doesn't mean you can just throw it on the ground? 6 bags and I never walked more that 150 feet. Sigh... This is how it will all end for the honest ATVers. I couldn't even feel too sorry for the girl down the way when she stepped on glass while swimming? It was a nasty cut, and then she left all her bloody paper towels right there on the ground... ugh... Thankfully I had gloves.
    I'm going to ctrl-alt-delete you so hard your mama's computer is going to reboot.

As an ATV'er I have admitted defeat. I could have handed out over a hundred DWI tickets this weekend in my area alone. Too bad the troopers don't have the time to do it. It's gotten to the point that I hide my ATV's from my neighbors..I am that ashamed

I wish I could figure out a solution, but it completely escapes me.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default Petersville wasn't bad...

We stayed in the big parking lot at Kroto Creek and it was barely 1/3 full. We did experience some d-bags flying down the road at blinding speeds but all in all it wasn't too crowded at all. It was pretty quiet at night and folks didn't start firing up their machines until after 8am.

I'm glad we made it out because the weather was unbelievable.

I camped there (at Kings River) and yes there was a lot of dust and noise but I will put up with it because the riding was great up to the top of Kings River trail and to Red Mountain. I would like to see some kind of LE presence there in the future though to hold down law breaking by a few bad apples.

It's not just in the ATV areas that people are idiots. We stayed at Nancy Lake Rec area in the South Rolley campground for the weekend. Large groups of teens and very early twenty somethings made it impossible to enjoy. Parties to 4am, screaming, loud music, and wanna be tough guys chest pounding, and threatening each other nearly drove me to do something rash, luckily Troopers interupted their fun on Sunday morning around 4am, apparently I wasn't the only one not amused. Woke up at 4 am on Friday to a guy yelling just outside my camper on the road "I'll blow your F'ing head off". I went out to find a gun toting, very irritated man recovering his cooler full of beer. Some teens tried to rip off the wrong guy. This seems to be the norm here in Alaska as I lost a cooler in Seward the weekend before. I'm lucky I didn't catch them. I won't camp in a common area on a Holiday weekend again.

Default Ruin it for everyone

I baught some remote property 6 years ago because of the reasons stated here. I got tired of the ass holes at all these riding areas. Now my family goes out for long leisure rides without running into too many people, most of them are other land owners. Its amazing when you own land in a remote area and get to know the others how quick and tite you become with them. Now we all ride together and kind of patroll our own area. Kids out causing trouble by the acces area usually dont do **** but scamper away when 20 land owners strapped to the t come down and do our own pollicing. But its a shame being so far off the roadway that you still have that potential. But once you kick them out of one area they just go and ruin another. A few bad apples really does ruin it for everyone. Im just glad we dont deal with this anymore, only when we have too.

Default We headed upto Old Man Trail Eureka.

First let me say it has been 12 years since we have been able to ride in alaska. Military took us away but we are back. Anyhow driving up the first thing i said to the spouse when we drove past Kings Mountain was what an "f"ing mess that place looked like. I looked like all of Anchorage was out there. I am glad we didnt stop at all. We headed down the road and saw no one at Permanente Road, and only about 5 vehicles at Puritan Creek. When we got closer to old man trail you could see a pretty full parking lot but nothing like Kings Mountain.

Here is my observations from Old Man Trail.

1) Alot of people hanging out in the parking lot but not alot on the trails. Made us wonder why?
    2) Yes there was idiots here in this trail also. I couldnt believe how rude some people are. We stopped atop the trail about a couple miles in by a lake to have a picnic lunch. We had passed a group awhile back of a bunch of kids. Well as soon as we started our picnic here they come down the trail. Would you believe of all places for them to stop and wait for everyone to catch up was, you guessed it, right by us and our picnic. I mean these guys literally pulled off the trail, came by us and our atvs and waited for the whole party to gather. The sat there reving up their motors and justed hanging out for about 10 minutes. my wife looked at me at one point and said are these guys stupid. That isnt the best part. So later on down the trail we pass these guys again. This time they have a toyota truck with them. We are at a deep water crossing and taking our sweet time. My wife with our 5 year old and me with the other. Well these guys literally came by with their vehicles and made it a point to splash as much water as they could almost to soak us intentionally. A jerkoff on a dirt bike actually reved up his motor while passing my wife to see how much mud he could throw up at her. Luckily he missed. *******s city.
    3) We met the usually good folks on the trail. You know the older groups, with the binoculars, cameras etc just out enjoying the outdoors and riding, truely soaking it in. I was speaking to another gentleman about this group of folks and he said they where from eagle river yamaha, if that is true than i urge all people to piss on eagle river yamaha if that is how they represent the atv crowds.
    4) Lastly leaving we stopped at the lodge just down the road for snacks before heading back to wasilla. Sweet justice came when some clown came in asking about a tow truck, he got his toyota buried way in the back country. Lady at the counter said hold on we will call him but just remember this. Going back there and pulling you out is going to be big $$$$
    Couldnt happen to a bigger jackass or group.

Folks we must all remember one thing about our riding, your actions affect others. I had my 5 year old twins out riding and didnt like the *******s on the trail. And again i was told this was a party from eagle river yamaha so if anyone frequents this place please tell them to clean their **** up.

Best part besides the toyota truck was driving by this part on our way out and seeing one yamaha with a flat tire and one with something broken underneath, these where the big 2 seat yamahas also. Laughed my ass off. I had a spare fix it tire kit but do you think i would stop and help these folks out????????/

Huskerhav-

There is no Eagle River Yamaha anymore, so far as I know. It's possible that the people who acted so badly were affiliated with the former business but ER Yamaha shut down last year sometime. They had a bad location and no inventory, although I guess the guy did pretty good mechanic work but I only went in there once to buy some parts. I think only a couple of people worked there to begin with.

That sucks that you had to deal with such jerks though. Common courtesy isn't common anymore, and a lot of people are just a waste of air.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast