Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: nocturnal bear idea

  1. #1

    Default nocturnal bear idea

    since if you sometimes spook a bear at daytime the y go nocturnal what if you were to go in at night and scare him do you think he would leave the site or become a day bear?

  2. #2
    Member moose-head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    @ Seminary, Dubuque Ia
    Posts
    839

    Default

    I don't want to be the guy who has the job of going in to scare bears at night
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

  3. #3

    Wink

    Put some cheap alarm clocks in your stand. Set them to go off every couple of hours in the night. It runs them off and they come back When You Want Them To. It works.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  4. #4

    Default

    what a great idea I will definitely try this this week

  5. #5
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    I don't bait but it would seem logical that if the bears go nocturnal then just going in before dark and spending the night in the stand would be a good way to kill the bear which is the goat right?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Put some cheap alarm clocks in your stand. Set them to go off every couple of hours in the night. It runs them off and they come back When You Want Them To. It works.
    LMAO! I like the idea but I have to ask (don't have any regs with me as I'm traveling) - are there/would there be any legal concerns as it relates to fish and game with 'disturbing' the wildlife?
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

  7. #7

    Default

    Im guessing you mean scaring them off the bait when your walking in? I have found that after spooking them off the bait a lot of times they come right back within and hour or 2. The one we shot last week was eating when we walked in he spooked we got in the stands and an hour later he came right back in. I have had this happen several times. I think in most cases thier stomache and nose get the best of them and its just to good for them to stay gone too long.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •