Thread: 3 for 3 pws bears

Default 3 for 3 pws bears

JUST FINISHED two 5 DAY TRIPS TO PWS BEST WEATHER AND CALMEST SEAS FOR 10 DAYS I'VE SEEN .
    trip one - friend from work that lives in OH arrowed his first Black bear first night , second bear that came in. perfect double lung, top of heart shot bear traveled 40 yards squared 5'11" skull 16-3/4.
    mathews bow, thunderhead broadheads

RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

second trip - friend that is stationed in HI
    first night , second bear in, (first bear was in before i sat down in my stand) his 12 y.o. daughter arrowed her first big game animal
    perfect double lung , a little more of top of the heart bear traveled 15 paces. she drew as bear pulled head out of the barrel. had to hold the draw for a while but handled the pressure as a pro.
    Martin bow, hunderhead broadhead
    squared 5'8" skull 17"

next evening Dad arrowed 3rd bear in, again same first bear in before we were settled in the stand . Dan's 4th bear with a bow great shot double lung missed hear but not blood vessels coming out of the top. traveled 40 yards. browning / pse bow; spitfire 3 blade broadheads wow what a hole they leave. have not squared it but will be over 6 foot skull , 17-3/4"

I did not hunt as was not wanting to add more stress than i was to my injured knee, ( tore ACL strained MCL tore med. meniscus and probably lateral meniscus , fell off boat getting it ready about a month ago)could not have done it with my ACL knee brace.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

EXCELLENT! Congrats to all involved.

Default GOOD friend to have

man Nimrod, I'd say, you are one great friend to have,

Great hunting and pics too
    All those smiling faces and nice Bears
    Looks like a great time
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Default Very nice

Great stories. Nice to see people enjoying AK and what there is to offer. Wonderful bears. Thanks for sharing.
    ARR

Awesome!!!

Awesome! Great bears, and a fine example of how to treat friends and guests.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    man Nimrod, I'd say, you are one great friend to have,
    Trust me...you better believe it Knows how to produce!
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

awesome!!! great to see the young girl with that huge grin and her first big game animal. I cant wait to experience that with my daughter, and boys. my girl is 11.......might go after bears this fall, and for sure next spring!!! congrats

Smile Awesome

Congrats!!!! I hope you get your knee repaired quickly and properly so you can get back at it yourself. I understand how an injured knee can really hinder a guys hunting abilities.

Nice work Pat! Glad you had good weather and success, especially for the youngin's!

Sorry to hear about your knee, hopefully it heals up quickly for you.

Looks like every one had a great time!!!! Thanks for sharing bro.

thanx guys
    problem is acl's and meniscus don't heal and they say i'm not a good canidate for surgery "TOO OLD" , BUT WE WILL SEE hope to get a goat hunt or 2 more before i quit

Thumbs up

STOKED! Sounds like a wonderful trip.

Congratulations all around! Great pictures.

Taylor

-[]--------->

All right Pat!