Thread: Alpine creek lodge

Default Alpine creek lodge

Just returned from 4 days with Alpine Creek Lodge with my wife and kids, have to say I was awesome. Jennifer, Craig and all there were great. If you get a chance or are going to be on the Denali Highway look them up if only for a coffee. They are great people and they have a great place to go for a hunt or just to run the family around on the quads.

Default Denali HWY

I just got home today (Sun) I went up for the weekend, I could not believe how many people are camping, hunting. ATVing, Horseback riding, or just driving to cruise it....saw one clown driving a the new Camaro on Hwy, and another in a PT cruiser. and a few visitors with their rental car on there too. Saw a big horse trailer with a few horses tied to it with Montana tags.
    I remember when I used to drive it in the past years in the spring and I would be the only soul out there for 30 or so miles.....not anymore.
    It was a scorcher out there ( 80-plus degrees) and dry and very dusty....saw a bunch of bou toward the cantwell side, but only two cow moose with NO calves !!!...........hope they never pave that road, I can't imagine a bunch of tour buses rolling down thru there....

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    I remember when I used to drive it in the past years in the spring and I would be the only soul out there for 30 or so miles.....not anymore.
    Well, it is Memorial Day. I was up there in late April and only passed one car in 80 miles - both directions.

I'll second the recommendation on Alpine Creek. Good folks, awesome accommodations, and a great area.

Default YEP.

I met a guy from there this weekend. Nice guy. He said they have a tire change service FYI - could be very handy for someone....

Red face already there

"I can't imagine a bunch of tour buses rolling down thru there.... "

Hate to break the news, but Princess tours now patrols that highway in their huge buses and stops at Maclaren lodge also. I found out the hard way one day in the middle of Fall hunting season. I heard the passengers are warned they might witness subsistence activities, but imagine at some point they are going to complain and hunting will be moved off road.....
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

Yep, the buses have been rolling through there the last 10 years.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Be interesting to see what their response would be to someone shooting a subsistence wolf...

whaaat, I thought wolf tastes like chicken?

Thumbs up

Claude and Jen (and Bob, of course) are definitely wonderful people out there at Alpine Creek. We'd recommend them and their facilities any day!

All I can say is after 4 hours of commuting in the dark to get to a warm, heated, warm, remote, warm, and great smell of burning wood type of lodge made the coffee better and the atmosphere can't be beat because of the people that run and maintain this facility.

Loved it. Will stay there again and would absolutely recommend this lodge to anyone.
    Lurker.