Thread: Choices Choices help me decide?

Arrow Choices Choices help me decide?

So yeah I was wondering if I could tap into the collective knowlage base of the forum to answer a few questions for me.

A friend and I are going to attempt to go fishing sometime this weekend (6/5) And well we have two options, Either go up and test out all of the parks streams for trout, grayling and super rare super early king salmon. Or drive down to Kasilof and lower KP rivers and try for some Kings and Steelhead. I haven't checked the regluations yet so im not sure about closures, I plan to check them later tonight while im at work, but based on observations so far where do you think we should go? I perfer C&R but I just want to feel a fish on the line you know? It could be grayling with my 4wt or a king with my 10wt. doesn't matter.
    A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaIsCold View Post
    So yeah I was wondering if I could tap into the collective knowlage base of the forum to answer a few questions for me.

A friend and I are going to attempt to go fishing sometime this weekend (6/5) And well we have two options, Either go up and test out all of the parks streams for trout, grayling and super rare super early king salmon. Or drive down to Kasilof and lower KP rivers and try for some Kings and Steelhead. I haven't checked the regluations yet so im not sure about closures, I plan to check them later tonight while im at work, but based on observations so far where do you think we should go? I perfer C&R but I just want to feel a fish on the line you know? It could be grayling with my 4wt or a king with my 10wt. doesn't matter.
    LOL! To me that's like asking should I have steak or chicken for dinner tonight? They both have their merits, but it kind of depends on what sort of experience you're looking for. Personally I'd go for the Kasilof option, but I'm a bit biased.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley Crew Fishing View Post
    LOL! To me that's like asking should I have steak or chicken for dinner tonight? They both have their merits, but it kind of depends on what sort of experience you're looking for. Personally I'd go for the Kasilof option, but I'm a bit biased.

Yeah I kinda wanna go to the Kasilof, because of the lure of a potential king. But on the other hand...grayling can be just as awesome if you have a small enough rod. I guess I should just go heads or tails on it huh? heads = Park System Tails = Kasilof

I guess that works. haha
    A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work.

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

Default One way to look at it...

if you strike out for kings on the kasilof there are still plenty of places that direction you could catch trout, right? Gives you a backup plan.