Thread: Seward Fishing

Default Seward Fishing

I'm planning on going out of Seward for the first time tomorrow. How's the fishing out near Pony cove and the islands around there? The wife and I will be looking for a couple halibut and some rockfish. Are people catching much out there yet?

Also, how much influence does the tide have on fishing out that far?

Rob

Default SO?

Nobody went to Seward this weekend?

Default Yes ...

Drove down this morning, took about 40 gal of gas, wanted to take the boat out to be sure that i did not mess it up with my missed dock adventure first week of May. Launched with no one at the downtown docks, drove it out to Thumbs, checked everything out, messed up the honda kicker will not hold in the tilt position, must of banged the cleaning table dock with kicker .... Otherwise the boat was A OK!

Came back and no one was at the docks ... saw a few charter boats only four sail boats at Thumbs cove otherwise real quiet .... nothing happening down in Seward.

Quote Originally Posted by ocnfish View Post
    Drove down this morning, took about 40 gal of gas, wanted to take the boat out to be sure that i did not mess it up with my missed dock adventure first week of May. Launched with no one at the downtown docks, drove it out to Thumbs, checked everything out, messed up the honda kicker will not hold in the tilt position, must of banged the cleaning table dock with kicker .... Otherwise the boat was A OK!

Came back and no one was at the docks ... saw a few charter boats only four sail boats at Thumbs cove otherwise real quiet .... nothing happening down in Seward.
    I'm not surprised. Seward is normally a very nice place to camp, boat, and fish in May and into early June. Then, the silvers show up and all hell breaks loose.....

Quote Originally Posted by robbentler View Post
    I'm planning on going out of Seward for the first time tomorrow. How's the fishing out near Pony cove and the islands around there? The wife and I will be looking for a couple halibut and some rockfish. Are people catching much out there yet?

Also, how much influence does the tide have on fishing out that far?

Rob
    Went to pony over the weekend, caught 7 cod and a dusky. Pulled a couple of small butts in the narrows. Cought a few bigger butts and pretty big yelloweye on the east end of rugged island if you don't mind the waves.