Thread: Armed Services Combat Fishing Tourney

Default Armed Services Combat Fishing Tourney

I would like to take a moment to give a sincere thank you to anyone (and if you know someone not on here please tell them for me) who had anything at all to do with putting on this FANTASTIC trip. I had so much fun and met so many good people its unbelievable.
    I happend to get placed on the Legend, Super Captain and Crew. Bob runs a first rate vessel and really puts a great trip together as well as the whole ASCFT
    Thank you for making this soldier one happy fisherman it was truely an AWESOME experience.

SPC Richard T. Dunlap
    U.S. Army

Who won the derby?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Actually, THANK YOU, FOR YOUR SERVICE! Glad you had a great time.

Default Who won?

All I remember is that it was either a 1SG or SFC somebody or another pretty sure it was 1SG though. They were on the Rainsong. The mystery fish prize was awesome also 2 guys tied and they split the pot but had to flip a coin for the trophy. The tourney took its toll on me though I was exhausted after I got to the resort, showered and layed down. Felt like I had just got done with a 36 hour convooy that only made it 10 kilcks in the 36 hours.

I volunteered as a deckhand on a boat for the day and want to thank all of the troops that took advantage of this day. Thank you all for your the sacrifice you make on a daily basis for this country.

Thank a vet, they pay the dues for all of us.

Default Deck hand

Hey Polaris, that was good of you to volunter. Also, thank YOU for thanking them for their service.

I'm a fishing slut, but it was a great day for everyone involved. I heard some of the guys at the cleaning tables telling the GI's to "keep the tip and buy yourself a beer with it"