Thread: Homer Spit Combat Fishing

Default Homer Spit Combat Fishing

I thought this was a little amusing. This place has became quite popular.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What are they fishing for?

I've done the flounder/cod thing there, but it was always just my family and I. I've also fished for silvers there a long time ago...are they going for kings or the bottom fish?

Speaking of the silvers, do they still run along the spit? Haven't heard anything about that in a long time, but you used to be able to catch them at high tide in mud bay like crazy if you timed it right.

They're all fishing for the "flounder/cod" thing. I doubt that the kings that are returning to the Lagoon are coming in that close to shore, though I suppose it's possible. Same thing with the silvers when they start coming back in to the Lagoon.

Was that today AlcanRon. When I came in from fishing today in my boat there were about that many people lined up along there.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

HMMMMMMMMM, it's not that crowded in September.
    In fact when I was in the area last september the only other people I saw there on the day I was there were walking their dog.
    I wonder where all those fishermen went.

My mother walked down there yesterday and said people were carrying away a lot of pollack. The grind shack must be busy pumping lots of fish waste out there.

Quote Originally Posted by AlcanRon View Post
    I thought this was a little amusing. This place has became quite popular.
    Pic says Saturday...sure hope it's not quite that crowded during the week, I'm bringing my 5-year old down Wed/Thursday, hoped to get her some little fishies off the shore...it didn't look anything like that just a couple years back, it seems. I guess word about those tasty pollock has really gotten out.
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

Great place to take kids. They learn to cast, catch lots of fish, and it's free. Lots of room to run around, and you don't spend $300 each on a guide.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Default Saturday

That was saturday. We are staying at the Lands End. The weather has been so nice down in Homer I hate the thought of driving back to smoke filled Fairbanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AlcanRon View Post
    That was saturday. We are staying at the Lands End. The weather has been so nice down in Homer I hate the thought of driving back to smoke filled Fairbanks.
    You said a mouthful there! That's why I live here now. Wasn't today incredible!?! I was pulling in halibut after halibut in my t-shirt at about 10:30 this morning. You can't beat that.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com