Thread: Family from the lower 48 visiting

Default Family from the lower 48 visiting

So my parents are coming up for a week long visit next week. My dad loves fishing. Does anyone have suggestions on where I can go in the interior to put him on some good fish? I live near Fairbanks, so anywhere within a 75 mile radius I can go to fish would be helpful. Any advice is appreciated.

Skwentna, AK

Chena river has good grayling fishing. Those interior grayling will eat anything Just keep looking in the lil streams and lakes there will be hungry grayling
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union

Default Pike!

Straight across from the old gate of eielson are a bunch of lakes that are full of pike. You have to have a base fishing permit, but that's it. Every lake back there was full of pike just a few years ago. Use anything top water or anything that resembles a leach. Black jigs is what I had the best luck with. Hope this helps. Good fishing.

Default Take Dad fishing

If you have a boat go to Paxon Lake. Ice will be just coming off and trolling the shoreline with spoons will make his day (week ). Have fun.

Default Success

So I took my family across from the old gate to one of the lakes located on Eielson property, and it was a blast. Caught about eleven good size rainbows. Back home, my dad pays $20.00 for a one day pass to fish. He has not caught anything near what he caught tonight. Hope to have just as good luck tomorrow. Will let everyone know how it goes.