Thread: Ship Creek

Question Ship Creek

Has anyone fished above the dam before? Is it all little fish?

I've fished up there a couple times. Never done any good though. I even fished beads right behind some spawning kings a couple years ago and still nothing. I've been told there are rainbows and dollies in there though. I think you are out of luck this year though. I think AGF&G put an emergency order out closing the creek to all fish above the chugach dam.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Yeah I just read that its closed til Sept 30. Thanks for the heads up

I have herd of fish caught, nice fish. September the dollies should be colored up nicely. I will probably fish it.

I've searched high and low on that creek and never seen anything more than salmon. I'll prolly try it again sometime, but I'd rather spend my time on a creek with a few more fish.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Default Small fish

Before it got poached and hammered by little gangsters, there used to be some legends that lived there. I have been broken off numerous times, and have landed nice trout over 20''. Ship used to rock. Fish still live there, It just does not fish like it did years ago.

In the last couple of years I used to see some nice bows in there, some 20+ inch fish. Caught lots of small one and some nice size dollies for that size creek. Fish are definetly getting scarce in that creek.

Most fish were seen when salmon were around.
    Caught and Released

Well hopefully this closure will help in the long run. It would be nice to have a little gem in the rough here in Anchoragua!