Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds in Seward?

Default Reds in Seward?

Haven't heard much about these and couldn't find anything with the search....anyone been down there fishing/catching any?

I can never remember the run timing for these guys, but I know I saw a thread on here somewhere not long ago about someone catching some....

Default Seward

Lots of Hooligan and little reds. Seen about 5 caught on the incomming tide. A few more weeks and it should be better.

Thanks...I do seem to recall going down there at the same time the Russian River madness was happening a couple years ago.

Default Reds

Lots of Hooligan, but there are a few trickling in.

Im sitting in the pay parking right now waiting for the right moment to head out.
    Saw about 5-6 taken this afternoon. one was taken by my buddy which made me very happy!

Between the two of us we must have snagged at least 20 hooligan. There are a few reds but I got nothing in about 4 hours of casting. I did see a lot of people leave empty handed.
    Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"

It normally doesn't heat up until mid June....Sometimes even later. It is great though when the fish are in. You aren't going to get fresher fish then there.

Does anyone have an update on this. I plan on heading down there tomorrow to give it a try again. I was down there about a week ago and saw 6 caught.... I figured a week later they might start picking up.

ROCK

Fishing is getting better everyday!

got a few today. saw quite a few caught.

Quote Originally Posted by stop4mallards View Post
    got a few today. saw quite a few caught.
    Well that is really good news... didnt want to make a 2 hr drive for nothing tomorrow... FISH ON

Default Where?

I've never fished seward for reds! Would someone please Pm me with atleast the stream name?
    I only have 1 day a week I can take the kids fishing and would love to take them for reds.
    Thanks for any help!

Bill
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Default Reds in Seward....

I was not there, but my buddy was there, just this last weekend did really good! He said he did best at high tide and a couple hours after high tide.

They had fun and also did some hiking.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Quote Originally Posted by motorboatn View Post
    I've never fished seward for reds! Would someone please Pm me with atleast the stream name?
    I only have 1 day a week I can take the kids fishing and would love to take them for reds.
    Thanks for any help!

Bill
    Mt st alice hrbr. Drive down nash road about 2.5 to 3 miles and turn right at the sign. You will be fishing the saltwater side if resserection river. Its snagging and can be deep at high tide. Make sure you bring chest waiters.

i limited out on saturday, saw about 50 caught outta the same hole i was fishing in an hour ,getting them thru out the day river 1 and 2 are pretty good river 4 is loaded with hooligan, sea lions are chasing them around everywhere! might drive down again this weekend!
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Better read the fishing regs before you go. It does not open until June 16 for salmon.

Fished down their today.... Only caught 3 but left before high tide... saw some people catch limit (6) and some people none... and if you do look at the regs you will see that it is open... maybe not all areas but in saltwater for snagging it is. Heading back down Monday and should be able to limit out with no problem.

ROCK

FISH ON

What is a good lure for snagging in the salt water?

A treble hook with weight on the end... go anywhere they sell lures and ask them for snagging hooks and they will hook you up.

Limit is six?

For some reason I was thinking it was three....

also to eliminate any confusion there are posted signs down there that shows the boundry!
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast