Thread: Black Bear Hunting...may be asking too much...

Red face Black Bear Hunting...may be asking too much...

I will be in the Mat-Su valley from June 2nd to the 10th. I am am looking for a friendly soul that will let me accompany them on a bear hunt in this time frame or if you have already gotten your bear on your stand, let me bait. I will have all my own equipment/bait. I would have baited up here in the interior but my son was born this spring with serious complications. Kind of took me out of the game as far as being able to get a station out. I am in the Air Force and have taken this next week off. Like I said in the subject, I do understand I am asking more than a lot...just looking for that kind hunter out there willing to hook me up. I am very ethical and understand the written and unwritten laws concerning the outdoors. I am from Arizona and am a very avid elk hunter. This may pay dividends in the future if you are looking to bag a trophy elk...I would be more than happy to guide/show my hot spots...If you are willing to help me out just let me know how to get ahold of you in a reply. Thanks so much...

Happy Hunting

Default Hunt if you want to...

I have a station that is getting hit every night that I don't have much of a chance to hunt...You cannot legally bait someone's site, but could register the same coordinates and I could pull mine out, or you could hunt my site if I put the bait out...either way there are some bears around. Send a pm and we can talk.

Default POW in June

I will be in POW mid june or better the 10th thru the 15th or so...I was kinda planning to go Solo since the guy I was going with baled on me at the last minute...If you want we can hookup and later share a fishing trip in So FL were I live, and I also have a condo in Miami Beach vacation home. I have hunted several times out west in Colorado DIY and also in Northern Alberta...I have passed on lessor Bulls and did not to shoot cows even though I had an either sex tag. I have hunted them archery and rifle, etc and still waiting to kill a nice bull. I was concidering AZ or UT we might be able to do something.

JL, SFL1187@netscape.net

Smile SFL1187 response...

That week you are offering is the week after my leave is set for. I appreciate the offer and I will definately keep you in mind in the future for a possible friendly trade-off. Good to see there are kind people out there. Thanks again and good luck on your endevour in POW.

Happy hunting...

Talking JDM response...

Thanks for the oppurtunity... I PM'd you so hopefully we can figure out some details...Thanks again for your selflessness...I know how protective us hunters can be of "our" spots. Hope to here back...

Happy hunting...

Default Responded by e-mail

AZ...
    I sent you an e-mail 2 days ago, don't know if you got it though...
    Best day for me would be Thursday night...may be able to work in a different day though...let me know what looks good for you

Default Jdm...

Got your email last night...been working a lot lately. Are you talking next Thursday? What would be the times we would hunt just out of curiousity. Also, do you have one or two stands?...if not I will try and come up with another one. Thanks again...

Default You could hunt anytime you want..

you just need to know how to get to the station and I probaly need to resupply it....could meet you in the valley earlier in the week, Monday perhaps and show you the spot if that would work out better for you, I am off on Thursdays. I have a ladder stand that is not at the site, you would be better off with a climber, lighter to pack in and out. I usually stay on the ground when hunting...I don't like the idea of being the tetherball for the bear There have been an number of brownbear on the baits in the area though, so a tree stand might make you feel better about that, some sows & older cubs that aren't too wary yet. What would you like to to?

Thumbs up Jdm...

I am going to try and come up with a stand...I will email you soon and give you my cell number. I will be down in Wasilla tomarrow night and will be down there for the week. Also, I was going to use my Browning BLR chambered in 300 WSM, but got to thinking that the distance between stand and bear would be entirely too close for a rifle scoped with a 3-12x52. I will probable take a Marlin lever action chambered in 45-70 with open sights...sound like the way to go? Anyways, I will email you soon so we can talk and figure out the details...Thanks again...

Happy hunting...