Thread: F50 Props

Default F50 Props

There's been a few prop threads lately, so why not one more?

I just picked up a used Willer Predator earlier this week with a Yamaha F50. It has a Yamaha 11 5/8" x 11" prop on it now that's in not too bad of shape, but you can tell it's had a little filing done on it. I think I remember from past threads that this is more less the go to prop for this combination of boat and motor on the Kenai.

I was wondering if anybody has had any experience running a Solas 11 5/8 x 11 ? Trustworthy has a bunch of them at a decent price and I was just curious how they compare to the Yamaha's in real world use.

I haven't tried the solas props at Trustworthy yet but that is a great price. I spent a little more money and got a Solas Saturn stainless prop, in an 11 pitch and love it. I don't have it on my boat now as the water is pretty low, but I would highly recommend that 11 pitch stainless for that boat and motor, it is the same combo that I have.

Thanks for the tips Yukon. Other than overall durability, what other benefits are you seeing with the stainless prop? Acceleration, speed, etc.....???

What rpms are you turning with the aluminum? Stainless?

I took the boat out to a lake Sunday and I think my current prop may have been filed on a bit more than I thought as it didn't seem very smooth. I picked up a Solas from TW, but didn't have time to put it on and try it out. With the river low and muddy, might run back out to a lake and try it this weekend.