Thread: Mattracks

Default Mattracks

Has anyone used these in the winter? A side by side with tracks sounds like a great icefishing rig! Just wondering if hey performed all that well.

For the price of mattracks.... Get a snowmobile.. IU also thought about getting them , but figured I'd go faster in a snowmobile..lol

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Tatou 4s by camoplast are better and less expensive.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQh2F...eature=related

Do some research on the various types of tracks, such as at www.atvtracks.net. While Mattracks are probably the best all-season option out there, they leave something to be desired when it comes to snow performance. For starters, in snow you want deep lugs, but deep lugs ride too harsh on hard (non-snow) surfaces. Mattracks usually have smaller lugs than most winter-only tracks.

One person I know who had a set complained that they tended to plow into the snow rather than float on top of it. He sold them for his Ranger and replaced them with the Polaris tracks.

When researching tracks, pay attention to their speed performance. Many tracks will cut your ATV's top speed and fuel mileage by half--but others give better speed performance.

A tracked ATV is significantly wider than snow machines, which can sometimes be a problem on snow machine trails (such as filling between trees)--a tracked UTV is an ever bigger beast! Plus, remember that a tracked ATV or UTV weighs 2-3 times as much as a typical sled.

My friend Jerry has tracks for his rig, never uses them. They do OK in light snow or hard pack but they slow his rig way down. I gave them a spin when he first got his wheeler, handled like a 70's touring sled with 2 250 pound guys on it, sluggish is an understatement! I agree that you'd be better off getting a used sled.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Default Mattracks on 09 Rhino

I have mattracks on my Rhino they are for UTV's they are 42"x13" and have and 1-1/2" paddle. bought them from a guy that had a ranger and used them only in winter pulling fuel into repetter stations.I used them a bit last winter and was amazed how well they did.Is it a snowmachine no but it is very versital plus I have a cab and heat.I did alot of research on tracks and belive you get what you pay for the only other track I would consider is the tatou 4's. Good luck and remember a dual purpose machine will be as good as a dedicated machine. I can tell you they do real well in the muck and yuck and I like how they did in snow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Mattracks on a MV7

I have a set of M3's which are the biggest they recommend for a 1000lb machine. I have used these all four seasons and its true a snow machine is faster but how many seasons can you use a snow machine. Its also amusing to see the snow machine tracks that get hung up on snow covered trees I previously drove over. Expensive yes, worth it, you bet. And MADE IN THE U.S.A.!