Thread: swede or little swede lakes

Default swede or little swede lakes

Has anyone gone into either lake? Hike or 4 wheeler access? We're hoping they might be open enough to possibly fish this weekend?!?!?

Super easy 4-wheeler trail. While your there, trek on out to Dickey and get into some fun lake trout and grayling fishing. Note early in the year the Middle Fork (Gulkana) can be high and fast so be careful.
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

There is great fishing on both lakes and it is an easy 4 wheeler ride
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Thanks!

I thought about pm'ing you about it Chuck, I figured you had been..... duh on me :P lol Not so sure my 4 wheeler is going to be ready for the weekend...konked her out last weekend trying to get a bear bait in, now fried the battery, ugg...if it aint one thing, it's something else shew.

There is another option. The creek where the trail starts for swede has great fishing. There are a couple of little cabins there. I have caught many nice grayling fishing it up to the little lake about 100 yards above it. I think it is at mile marker 17. No toys needed just park walk 20 feet and fish. Plus you can always go catch till your arms fall off a few miles up at tangle. Rock creek has always treated me well.

I have never done landmark gap lake. June and I are heading to the highway for 5 days over 4th of july and plan on wheeling in and seeing what we can pull out of it.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Thanks Chuck....I'll be back in Mn probably starting my drive up at that time. Got my fiancee and her son and a bunch of stuff doing the move so not much time for fishing though I wish I could swing it in bc or the yukon!

Default hungry hollow trail?

Is the trail to get to hungry hollow creek the same as the little swede trail? Or is it further toward paxson going west?

Thanks,

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Armo_Ak View Post
    Is the trail to get to hungry hollow creek the same as the little swede trail? Or is it further toward paxson going west?

Thanks,

Matt
    If you take the Swede Lake Trail in, Go past the first Swede Lake. Then take the next Main trail to the East/Left. It will take you to Hungry Hollow.

There is another upper trail about three miles to the East, but it is along a rough ridge and not well traveled.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~