Thread: Steyr MANNLICHER .450 Marlin

Default Steyr MANNLICHER .450 Marlin

MANNLICHER BIG BORE bolt action .450 Marlin for you guys that love the hot .450 Marlin rounds but wish you could get it in a strong bolt action. I ran across this while surfing the internet so I thought I would pass the link on to anyone intersested.

They call it the MANNLICHER BIG BORE.

http://www.steyr-mannlicher.com/en/h...cher-big-bore/

Thanks to the new development from STEYR MANNLICHER, the MANNLICHER BIG BORE will be available with a 3 + 1 round magazine, and combined with the HC-Kit, with a 7 + 1 round magazine.

The MANNLICHER BIG BORE is available with a fibreglass-reinforced stock in black or camouflage.

http://www.steyr-mannlicher.com/typo...3b1cee99dc4882

Default ugly

Man is that thing ugly, If looks could kill you wouldn't even have to pull the trigger!!

Agreed. I can't see that being a popular model.

Default Yep, ugly is right.

Ugly it is but if you are into the hot .45-70/.450 Marlin type thing that ugly rifle with seven in the magazine and one in the chamber sure packs a lot of punishment to moderate range. For that much recoil personally I would prefer my old .375 H&H but I know guys that are in love with their 7lb .450 Marlin levers and at least that bolt action is 8lb. To each their own as it is what keeps the gun makers in business.

Looks like the comb is to low to get any kind of weld with a scope. Good thing its a 450 so I wont need one! :-)
    Mike
    (the camo is even to ugly for me)
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Default Great...

this gun will look great next to my 376 prohunter.... wish i would have bought 2 of them. The 450 will be great in that gun and i will buy 2.

Default It may be ugly but......

It is a well made Austrian rifle that has a well designed stock, is very accurate, and has a awesome trigger. My Steyr 376 Prohunter goes hunting while my Winchester 70 375 H&H stays home.

Default .376 Steyr

The .376 Steyr is a cartridge I wish had caught on here in the States. About the time I was looking to buy a Prohunter in it they became impossible to find. It realy seemed to be an idealy balanced combo of handling and performance. There is a .338 Federal model also available now along with the .450 Marlin but I believe it also comes in 9.3X62mm with a good source of ammo now from Nosler.