Thread: Name that breed!

Default Name that breed!

(I'll give ya a hint...she's not a GSH...)

There are a couple french pointer types out there that that look like GSPs, but I have never seen them except in books....gascony, germain or pyrenean somthing like that...

Am I close?

Is she yours? How is she in the field? Looks like a sweetheart!
    Last edited by Burke; 05-27-2010 at 18:48. Reason: add

Default Well...

... it ain't a fox (which ain't a canine).

And it a ain't a wolfhound (cause we know you won't harass any wolves).

I'm thinking a GSH is a gray sled hound (since you were considering starting a team).

Default Good call!

on the French breed type...

Braque Francais...& she's mine for the summer... Teacher left & will return & I have the honor of keepin' her for the summer...I wish she were mine...I could use a good point/retriever...

She's a spoiled dog...has to sleep in my bed, & loves my husky, dunno if she's fixed or not...she don't eat much, not like my PIG of a husky...I don't know all of her commands yet, as the teacher just dropped her off on Monday mornin' & I am tryin' to figure her out...she listens very well, & is very submissive...a lil' too submissive for my likin'...

Yer 2 funny Sayak... :P

Good lookin hound i have always been fond of dogs with lots of ticking,, they can do it all if ya let em..

Default I stand corrected...

She's a Braque de Bourbonasie...or however it's spelled...

The is the first time I've looked at this section of the site and I see a thread about French Pointers!. I'm sittng in Eagle River watching my 13 1/2 year old French Pointer as he comes to the end of his life. We got him from the pound 11 years ago and he has been the "perfect" dog. Gentle, smart and the most willing to please dog I have ever had. Sadly his body is giving letting him down and we can tell he is in increasing pain. A decision has to be made soon. Enjoy your time with a wonderful breed.

Let 'em go easy man! I feel your pain! The loss of a dog is no small task! +1 yer way!

Thanks for the reply. Had to put him down Sat. AM. Boy the house is sure lonely w/o his sweet stubby tail wagging.

I'm sorry...

Sorry for the loss. I had to get the vet to euthanize my GSP last Thursday. He was 14 and a few months. Great heart and drive!

Sorry guys. I didn't mean to divert this thread from a positive, fun exercise to a downer discussion of losing our best friends. I just found it so coincidental to visit this forum for the first time and see a thread about a rare breed of dog that is not, to my knowledge, even recognized by the AKC. The only negative with this breed as gogoalie points out is that they are very submissive. They are French though aren't they? Again, my apologies and thanks for the thoughts.

she a red tick eh?