Thread: need a smith

Default need a smith

I have a 30-06 Browning bar that needs some work, any suggestions?

I've always been happy with WWGs. I think they are the local browning service site.

If it was my rifle I would get phone number for Browning and find out their shipping address and send it to them, along with the work you would like done on it.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

We are the local Browning service center. Feel free to bring it by so we can look at it to see whats the best way to fix your problem

(edited)
    Last edited by Michael Strahan; 05-28-2010 at 22:49. Reason: personal comment

If you are in the Fairbanks area, give me a shout and we'll get it going for you.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by seant View Post
    I've always been happy with WWGs. I think they are the local browning service site.
    Second vote for Wild West Guns. I can't speak for their work on Browning, but they built the .375 I use for guiding (a few years ago before either of us knew each other) and they completed the work on schedule and did a great job on it. A few months ago they adjusted the trigger pull on it for me and even cleaned it up a bit without my asking, and for no extra charge. They do excellent work.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay