Thread: Seward fishing

Default Seward fishing

Hey guys,

I have got a trip set up with Salt Water Safari company out of Seward on the 18th of June. Was curious if there was any decent fishing around that area from the bank. We are looking to kill some time the day before the trip and were exploring all our options. Thanks.

-SA

that time of year the reds should be available to snag across the bay. Just go down Nash road and look for all of the parked cars on the side of the road.
    Boatless

Quote Originally Posted by FISHFACE View Post
    that time of year the reds should be available to snag across the bay. Just go down Nash road and look for all of the parked cars on the side of the road.
    Ditto on that. You may also want to check along the shore in town and see if anyone is fishing for kings. There are kings that come in close to shore, but right now might be pretty early to get them. I haven't fished close in for kings in a long time, so my memory is a bit fuzzy on that.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

if your going to try and look for kings from the beach, look in the harbor. I've seen a lot kings caught in there.
    Boatless

Thanks for the info guys. Is this an instance where you are casting lures for them or are you literally "snagging" them? If lures, any recommendations? Is this also an instance where you could use salmon eggs and roe..for either species?

-SA

If you are going to be snagging the you need a treble hook with weight on the end... they sell them most anywhere. I went down there last Wednesday and only saw a couple reds caught. I am heading down there again on Tuesday. They should be a lot thicker and the limit is 6. I hope to reply to this on Wednesday with some pics to let you know that the fishing is good.

Rock

Snagging reds on Saturday night was real slow, but our group got a couple. The fishing will only improve with time and if you like to eat holligan, you'll get at least one per cast. The halibut fishing was really good with fish in the 40-80 lbs range and even managed to catch a few silvers.

good luck
    Boatless

Went down there today and caught 3 but left before high tide... Probably could have caught the limit (6) if I would have stayed (going to bring better rain gear next time)... Seen some people catch limit or close to it and other people not catch anything... I am heading down monday and should catch one every other cast.

Rock

FISH ON

Rock and Fishface,

Thanks for the info guys. How are you rigging for halibut? I have a few rigs in mind but would appreciate some first hand knowledge on the topic. Also, are you casting lures for silvers or were they just hitting your halibut rigs?

-SA