Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Size Comparison, Hog vs. Avg. bear

Default Size Comparison, Hog vs. Avg. bear

Just got back from the bait. Was hit obviously again, finally, two week dry spell. The large bear in the first pic we believe is the bear my dad shot last year with bow and we never recovered, hit in the neck in front of shoulder. He is standing in a hole behind the BBL. 1st pic.

The second pic is of a smaller average size bear. He is in front more so of the BBL and no where near as tall.

Look at the size of the neck on the big bear! Only problem is sitting that long till he comes in.

I hope to Glock 20 that PIG with Double Tap .230gr HC! Or if I shoot a smaller bear first, then maybe try him with the new Z7.

My dad said when he came in last year, 8am after I dropped him off, he could tell he was huge. 7'+ was his guess and the biggest blackie he has ever seen! Impressive I say!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Oh!

Yes I have Bait em 907 products out there! Don't show in the pic but they are there, promise. Anise bait ball and a cloth sac full of anise gel balls it seems like.

Interesting choice of weapon...

It feels like Christmas Eve! Can't wait to sit tomorrow night!

Good luck man, post some pictures if you get him!!

I thunk Your "Hog" Tried to total my truck last year at Boston Bar/Alder Creek..........

Quote Originally Posted by ScottRB View Post
    Interesting choice of weapon...
    I thought the same thing...

Make sure to file your front site down!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster View Post

Make sure to file your front site down!

It is of up-most importance to hold pistol horizontally (Gangster-punk style), this greatly adds to penetration, and removes the need to file the front sight.......(Offered as Humor)

HoG is right! A Pope & Young black bear is hard to find anymore. Although you don't put much weight in awards, remember, the reward is for the bear's measurements, not the hunter's!

It would just be good to have one and we both know it's not a great big deal to shoot a bear with a bow from 20 yards. The big deal is the BIG BEAR that we might get to shoot from 20 yards.

Hope you get him!

Taylor

-[]--------->

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I thunk Your "Hog" Tried to total my truck last year at Boston Bar/Alder Creek..........

Not sure where that location is, but I am not baiting in Hope area or anywhere near there. Know people to who do.

That bear is a TOAD! Akrstabout is that the scent sack hanging above your barrel to the left of the fallen tree?
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Quote Originally Posted by baitem907 View Post
    That bear is a TOAD! Akrstabout is that the scent sack hanging above your barrel to the left of the fallen tree?
    Nope. It is with the ball to the right more haning in another tree to keep bears and rodents off it. I keep forgeting to snap a pic, to busy doing other things! Headed back down tonight. So far nothing came in. Buddy spotted one a couple guys were tracking or seperate they bumped up just above our station 50 yards. They shot 3 times and found no blood, but bear acted like it was wounded. Still never found it, that all happened friday night. Messed up our hunts, but oh well. Gonna get a shower and freshen up and sit tonight for bit again, I think.

No bears seen all weekend. A nice huge brownie on the hillside though with awesome coloring. Bait above us shot at a bear and never found it, or missed completely who knows. That messed up our friday night and sat. morning. They were walking all around and never knew we were there, or that our stand was there. Just how it goes. Has rained since sunday night and no activity.

I did shoot a huge cow moose though with the G-20. It got hit friday night on the highway in the pass. I can almost guarantee it was pregnant. Had big ole nipples and the bellie was huge, maybe twins. Never dawned on me that it could be pregnant. To many tree huggers around and would they would have totally freaked and cried harder if I gutted it on site. Would have been cool though and would maybe even done mouth to snout! It was authorized by the troopers to shoot for the internet police! The alaska moose federation was dispatched to pick it up. Pretty cool though to see the 10mil nock the moose silly. Shot it in the neck behind the ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Crop Shop View Post
    He's not as big as you think and the pistole is an exceedingly poor choice.

i agree...not as big as you think...not near seven footer....and even then...glock???? really???? file that front sight off as said before and smear butter on the barrel..u might need it!!!

You last two guys are funny. Must not be bear hunters at all. That first pic is a huge bear. That is all there is to it! The pistol will be just fine, guarantee. Are you guys bear baiting or hunting anywhere just trying to be funny guys?

Big bear, but I'd need to see a little better picture before defining him as a huge bear.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Rstabout - I've got a package for you. Stop by.
    Hurry up and kill that bear. I need some good news!

Taylor

-[]--------->

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    You last two guys are funny. Must not be bear hunters at all. That first pic is a huge bear. That is all there is to it! The pistol will be just fine, guarantee. Are you guys bear baiting or hunting anywhere just trying to be funny guys?

probably not the seasoned hunter as yourself but yes...am a bear hunter..jest got back from baiting..me and a buddy took four bears...and if you were any kind of a hunter...u would know a glock or any kind of small pistol like that is horrible for bear...however...your the effin pro man. let me guess...ur from california??????????

A black bear isn't any tougher than a whitetail IMO. I think the pistol would work just fine provided he made a good close shot.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by rawdogrichard View Post
    probably not the seasoned hunter as yourself but yes...am a bear hunter..jest got back from baiting..me and a buddy took four bears...and if you were any kind of a hunter...u would know a glock or any kind of small pistol like that is horrible for bear...however...your the effin pro man. let me guess...ur from california??????????

No not from Cali! LOL. The 10mm is not a small pistol. Has more punch than a .357mag, with I killed my first bear with and it had people hollow points in it! If I get a chance at the big boy you will see it with the 10mm on it. Got a feeling though I will be shooting a smaller bear this year. Funny weather and bear activity. Oh yeah I use a small dog to run bear too, she is my avatar! You should like that one!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast