Thread: high temps bears rubbed

Default high temps bears rubbed

Just curious if anybody has seen any bears rubbed around Fairbanks or north of.With temps hitting 80 I wouldn't be surprised if bears are rubbing or will be soon.

ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

seen it hit 81 at the dentist office on third today... then a car sped by and it dropped suddenly to 77 then started climbing back up.... all i could figure was my ex was in the car that drove by.....

should be a warm one this weekend if rugs are what your after then pay close attention to shoulders and rumps..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default I have NEVER...

seen more rubbed bears than I have this past week. I usually quit baiting by June 1. Over 75% of bears seen this week are rubbed BADLY and down to the skin. Will try to find one more bear for the kid to shoot and then will call it a year. Not going to shoot bears that can't be rugged.

Willow, AK

Hunting Palmer and Willow- Buddy shot one Tuesday with really nice hide, and I passed one that was rubbed on the butt. Luckily, I'm hunting meat- hide is no issue, but I'm hoping to see something bigger=more meat.