Thread: I need a hunter ed card.

Question I need a hunter ed card.

I will be serving a one year internship in a state that will require me to get a hunters ed certification card. I have hunted quite a bit in the past, but being a young whipper-snapper of only 43 years old I am too young and will have to take the hunter certification course. I imagine I will do the online version followed by a ½ day in the field as that seems like the quickest way to check it off of the list. My wife, who has never hunted, has said that she would be willing to do the course with class time with me for a fun ting to do, if she can work it into her schedule. She isn’t excited about hunting at this time, except with a camera. I would rather not have to take the whole course, but know that there is probably going to be something to be learned regardless of which rout I go, I wonder if it would be better to take the longer in class course with my wife so we can share that time together or to just do the online one and be done with it?
    Any ideas, thoughts, or suggesstions
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

My fiance took the course earlier this year. She took the full day course. She said she had a lot of fun and learned a lot.

take you family to long class and enjoy it. they'll learn lots and build confidence.
    svenska50@hotmail.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Kinda like me saying that I've gone to church for 62 years and want to be a preacher. Should I just get the on line paper or go to seminary school

Default Ah Will...

... there's no relationship or similarity there whatsoever, you old curmudgeon. He just said he wanted to hunt, not TEACH hunting. I'm thinking you're just taking this as another opportunity to take a potshot at Christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by moose-head View Post
    I will be serving a one year internship in a state that will require me to get a hunters ed certification card. I have hunted quite a bit in the past, but being a young whipper-snapper of only 43 years old I am too young and will have to take the hunter certification course. I imagine I will do the online version followed by a Ĺ day in the field as that seems like the quickest way to check it off of the list. My wife, who has never hunted, has said that she would be willing to do the course with class time with me for a fun ting to do, if she can work it into her schedule. She isnít excited about hunting at this time, except with a camera. I would rather not have to take the whole course, but know that there is probably going to be something to be learned regardless of which rout I go, I wonder if it would be better to take the longer in class course with my wife so we can share that time together or to just do the online one and be done with it?
    Any ideas, thoughts, or suggesstions

If you are asking the question then yes take the course..with your wife.

Bonding, learning more about hunting.. What could go wrong?

Take the class with the wife it will be much more rewarding in the end.
    I have taken several shooting courses with the wife that was a bit below my level but it's still fun to be with her and see the progress at the end. Beside if she is receptive in going to the course then you are more than half way there.

Good luck

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    ... there's no relationship or similarity there whatsoever, you old curmudgeon. He just said he wanted to hunt, not TEACH hunting. I'm thinking you're just taking this as another opportunity to take a potshot at Christianity.
    I'm very Christian and proud Mason to boot

happy wife happy life the more time you can spend with your wife now makes all the more memories later. We can always spend time with the computer but how neat it is that your wife wants to spend time learning about something that is important to you. sound s like a good wife and a great opportunity together.

Default online or in person hunter-ed?

If you can both arrange the time, do the in person class. You have experience and so you could take the online course and just get it done, but since your wife does not have experience, you'd be short-changing her to go online.

Of course if she never hunts, there's no difference - maybe.

You'll never take another class ever again that has some amount of government intrusion into it that is a better real life learning moment, than this class is. Don't shortchange yourselves unless your time constraints leave no other choice.

That said, both classes are well-done. In either case, fill out the course survey at the very end of the last/only day of class to allow the program to continue to evolve so well.

Yeah, I'm biased, but you asked.

I took the full class with my daughters, its was a great experience. I would add my recommendation to taking the course with your wife.