Thread: Cooper Lake

Default Cooper Lake

Does anyone have any info on Cooper Lake?
    Is the road in good condition?
    Is there a campground around the lake?
    And is there a good chance at doing a line and shoot?

Default Noone

I guess there isn't any info out there so I will have to post when I get done down there.

Oh' Now I get it.......See we thought you were asking about doing a "Line" of "C" and Shoot some "H"........

Default Nice

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Oh' Now I get it.......See we thought you were asking about doing a "Line" of "C" and Shoot some "H"........
    Ya, not quite my style but sorry for the confusion.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and stays safe.

Remember "Safe is Sexy!"

Tight Lines and Hairy sights, for all.

Cooper Lake is worth it even if the upper road is still snowed in. But my guess is that it is open. It is a great canoe Lake. Lots of Fuzzies.

Smile

That is what I like to hear(read). Thanks for the heads up.

Any one seeing bear with rubs down there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by l@@kin_4_holes View Post
    Does anyone have any info on Cooper Lake?
    Is the road in good condition?
    Is there a campground around the lake?
    And is there a good chance at doing a line and shoot?
    I still haven't figured out what that means.....lol

Question

Here hold the straw while I do the line, Then hand me your gun. I'll kill this charging beer can.

Does that count as a line and shoot?????????
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default cooper lake

went down there this past weekend and couldnt make it to cooper due to snow.... road is still closed

Snug Harbor rd still has snow just below rainbow lake trail. Multiple people have tried the road and found themselves in a traffic jam with no place to turn around.

It would be best to wait a couple more weeks for the snow to melt completely.

Talking Thanks

For the info guys. I guess I will see where we end up.

As far as the line goes, if it's your style hit the powder year round just tell the cop it's powder sugar; I am going to go catch me some fish.

Default Well

I guess I timed it right but so did about 20 other groups. When we went to bed the first night there was only 3 groups including us, woke up and there was a total of 13.

Saw bear on the first night but, with all the gun fire and explosions put them into a heighten sense.

Need less to say with all the bulls*** going in we pulled camp and came home early. Fishing was not bad if you fly fish but for the others not to much was happening.

Met some great people, that was may have been the highlight of the weekend. Big thanks to Pete, Sherri, Paul and Rhonda.

I'm looking for a nice place to camp with the wife and 2 yo daughter this weekend. Was thinking about taking a ride down to Cooper lake with the boat...

Does anyone have any suggestions or comments about the prospects for a leisurely weekend on Cooper lake? Based on "looking4holes" comments it can be the typical goatrope...is it that crowded usually this time of year or is a Memorial weekend thing?

Thanks for any input!!

Default Lot more elbow room than a campground

I was down the weekend before last and I didn't have the place to myself by any means but it wasn't overly crowded either. Maybe four or five groups. There's a large gravel parking area that allows for a decent amount of room to spread out. There are also plenty of nice places to camp along the shorelne if you're looking for a little more solitude, but there are a lot of brown bears there, one of which kinda snuck up on me while I was glassing from the shore. Another idea might be one of the little islands that would put some space between you and the bears, but there were a lot of birds nesting on them and they didn't exactly leave the light on for me.

If you decide to camp at the parking area, look for a big gravel pit on your right hand side relatively shortly after Snug Harbor Rd. turns to gravel. Keep right after you turn in and you'll find a big organic waste pile that has the best price on firewood in the state.

Thanks KASKAE, that helps alot!! We're looking for a more secluded spot along the lake somewhere..