Thread: Lake Creek

Default Lake Creek

A buddy and I are doing a five day float down Lake Creek June 16th through June 20th. I've never fished it and trying to obtain as much info as I can since it isn't a cheap trip and probably won't get a chance to float it again. It is self guided so we won't have any guide tips. If anyone has ever fished it, any info would be great. I will have a 10 Wt for kings along with a spin cast with 30 lb braid. I will also have a 4 and 6 wt for the rainbows. Any advise on flies, hardware and/or techniques would be greatly appriciated!! I bought the Duke Brothers video, which was good info, but they are not locals and I think they got lucky with just using little black flies. I could be wrong??? Are there any flies, pixies or lures you would recomend?? Thanks!!

Default little black ant my ass

The Duke Brothers are from Idaho. Never take advice from out of staters
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Adams, stimulators, humpies, 4 wts. Wooly buggers
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default LC

Just remember to read the regs carefully before heading out there.

Alaska Outdoors Television did an episode of that trip. You may want to watch it. Looks like a lot of fun!
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

I did see that episode gotta love DVR!! It looks like it is going to be a blast with the fishing and the rapids I Didn't get a good look at what they were using though... Hope to have the same luck they did and Eat some tasty Salmon for four nights on the water STOKED!!!!