Thread: Trails

Default Trails

Looking for a good place to bike, fish and camp. Haven't ever planed a trip with these activities together, any ideas welcome. Thanks.

Larry

Give Resurection Pass a try. There are lakes along the way that have good fishing. Camping is all over the place. Watch for bears as there are a good number in the area. Probably want to hold off until mid-late June or later unless you want to hit snow/mud.

jwolf

Johnson Pass would be an idea depending on trail conditions. There are a couple small lakes mid-way that I assume have fish in them..

Quote Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
    Johnson Pass would be an idea depending on trail conditions. There are a couple small lakes mid-way that I assume have fish in them..

Be careful of the Cow Parsnip.

I just got off resurrection pass, trail is in good condition, use caution for bear activity. I biked it in a day, but there are plenty of places to camp

I biked Devis Pass yesterday. Not sure about fish but one really nice lake and a smaller one right before it meets up with resurrection pass.

How was the bike ride from where you went in? Where was the bear activity? No bears seen where I was. Trail was awesome, have to cross a few streams and wet spots. Not much mud at all. Some rocky stretches. From parking lot to intersection of resurrection trail was 2 hours 20 minutes with water breaks and glassing. First time in the area and it was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    I biked Devis Pass yesterday. Not sure about fish but one really nice lake and a smaller one right before it meets up with resurrection pass.

How was the bike ride from where you went in? Where was the bear activity? No bears seen where I was. Trail was awesome, have to cross a few streams and wet spots. Not much mud at all. Some rocky stretches. From parking lot to intersection of resurrection trail was 2 hours 20 minutes with water breaks and glassing. First time in the area and it was awesome!

Is Devils Pass the highest intersect point to Resurrection pass trail..........? Could you ride the whole way......? Was awesome riding yesterday, I took the new "Virgin" 29-inch bike for a ride, yesterday from the Hope cutoff to Johnson pass trail head & back.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Is Devils Pass the highest intersect point to Resurrection pass trail..........? Could you ride the whole way......? Was awesome riding yesterday, I took the new "Virgin" 29-inch bike for a ride, yesterday from the Hope cutoff to Johnson pass trail head & back.

Yes as far as I can tell. When the Devils pass trail meets Resurrection, there is sign that says hope> cooper landing< and the Devils pass cabin is right there. I have a Kona Kula 29er. Love it. Hardtail with rock shox ruba I think up front. That scandium frame is awesome!