Thread: Grizzlys do and will eat popcorn and all of it!

Default Grizzlys do and will eat popcorn and all of it!

The old saying that if you got grizzlys around use sweented popcorn and they will loose interest was completly disproven this past monday. I put out 30 gallons of powder sugered popcorn and with in 1 day I had 7 diffrent grizzlys eat every kernal and they ripped the barrel right of the tree and drag it 50 yards back in the bush. I also took sheet metal and made the only hole to get in the barrel about 2in by 3in to discourage big paws. They just tore right tru the sheet metal. So in my eyes the popcorn is liked about as much as everything else it seems to me.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

LOL if it is edible they will eat it... i don't think there is any way to discourage them from cleaning any site out.

hang a red gas jug up and watch them go at it.... seems to be their favorite..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Smile

OH! You used POWDERED sugar!!!!

Just regular sugar! ;-]

Vince -
    Just spotted your signature; now THAT is funny! Good on you and akres!

Taylor

We got cleaned out too. Darn grizzly cubs
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Hmm... I don't think sheet metal is strong enough - I'd change the drum out and let the site cool down. Bears are animals and some won't pass up a free meal although they generally don't care for popcorn compared to grease and dog food. Any idea if there are other baits in the aera? What's the local food sources like?
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    LOL if it is edible they will eat it... i don't think there is any way to discourage them from cleaning any site out.

hang a red gas jug up and watch them go at it.... seems to be their favorite..
    AND, Buildings, Ski-Doo Seats, ATV Seats & Tires, Shovel handles, Grain Barn Doors, Geese, Dogs (Chained), Oil Cans, Jerry Cans, Chainsaws, Super Cubs, And Inflatable Boats.