Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moose hunters shipping meat/antlers to the 48, I have a low cost alternative

Default Moose hunters shipping meat/antlers to the 48, I have a low cost alternative

To any of you Alaskan moose hunters (moose hunters only) who intend on shipping all of your moose meat and UNSPLIT antlers (or split antlers) from Anchorage to the states of Washington, northern Oregon, Idaho, northern Utah/SLC, Montana, northern Wyoming, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, or Michigan, I intend to have a refrigerated semi in Alaska durring September, delivering to the states, or nearby states, listed above. Your whole moose can ship for a fraction of the charges that the airlines charge in exccess bagage rates.

If interested, please PM me your name and address and I will snail mail you a packet detailing rates/terms/conditions.
    Last edited by 379 Peterbilt; 05-26-2010 at 05:57. Reason: Forgot to include Wyoming and Utah

PM Sent! Thanks!

Default Shipping Moose Meat

My check is in the mail. I can't pass up the opportunity for getting a whole moose home with the antlers for what it would cost to get 250-300 lbs. home by air. I hope you are getting some interest from outfitters looking to provide a service for their clients. Thanks Again.

Default Shipping

Sounss like a great idea. I hope you've researched shipping wild game through Canada and the different states tho.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Default when do you come back

when do you come back from he states with that big rig and would you do the same on the other end. i go boar hunting down in idaho and got raped coming back last time

Quote Originally Posted by twodux View Post
    Sounss like a great idea. I hope you've researched shipping wild game through Canada and the different states tho.
    I have researched this more extensively than anyone on the planet. Moving moose meat thru Canada is nowhere as difficult as some would make it out to be. I will have the USF&WS form 3-177 and the Alaska transfer of possesion forms. Additional, but not required legaly, I will have an inspector from USF&WS Anchorage branch inspect the loaded trailer prior to leaving Anchorage. This acts as a safguard in clearing customs. At the alcan/ca border, the agent(s) will place a seal on the trailer, then upon leaving Canada they will verifly it as intact, ensuring (themselves) that nothing came off the trailer in their country.

The above implies provided the trailer sells out and goes. Right now I have room left, so if you are interested in having your moose and antlers shipped to western/midwestern states, PM me your address and I'll snail mail you the details.

mudman, I think I get what you are asking, but no I really havent tried to set up for that.

Thanks Gents
    Mike

Mike, you might give Joe Schuster at Sportsman's Air Service a jingle and let him know of your service. He operates hunting trips out of Galena and I know many of his out of state hunters could use this service.

http://www.alaskasport.com/
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

tdelarm, that's a great idea. I sent out packets to many moose draw winners, and the whole Galena area is draw, so most guys using Joe or Charley G services should have gotten the information, including those going to Huslia. However, there are a few who I could not find and I know they are a member here on ODD, but I can't PM them since they have to few posts or joined after the mass spamming we had here last year. I'll be in Galena in September, so perhaps I will bump into them...(if the truck sells out and comes up)

As an aside for those nonres unfamiliar with Alaska logistics, you can get your whole moose and antlers shipped from many remote villages back to Anchorage for roughly .25 cents/pound via Ace air cargo, Everts air, and Northern air cargo. That's a bargain.

I originally thought I would have my hands full with just moose hunters, however I have room for caribou hunters as well. Trying to fill the trailer up.

Default I will be there in september

This sounds like a great deal. Please send info to Frank Hansen 71074 Drive 388 McCook, NE 69001 Thanks

Default Great

That sounds like a solution to many problems with the airports and shipping unsplit horns is a real plus. I will be there caribou hunting the first of August so too early but appreciate the future opportunity. Is this something you do every year? PM sent. Mark

Frank,

Got it, thanks!

Mark,

Incoming, thanks!

379, Do you have an idea of your travel dates yet?

Also, are you only going as far as ANC, and not FAI.

Thanks

Jeff'

If the truck sells out (if there's enough interest) the truck will leave Wisconsin about Aug 27th and be in Alaska about labor day sept 6th. On the way TO ALASKA, fror guys wanting to ship items TO ALASKA, I can do Fairbanks or Anchorage, and anywhere inbetween en route on the road system, all dependant on who wants stuff shipped where.

As for shipping meat/antlers from Alaska to the 48, the truck will only serve from Anchorage (to the 48)

I have recieved some interest in this service, some who are certain they want in, others just kicking tires feeling it out.

As I type this, and based upon the interest I have recievd thus far, the odds of the truck going are 50/50. Odds get better as guys commit

Default PM sent

Check your PM.

Are you still doing this trip? If so, please let me know and give me the details. Thanks, Neil

Gents,

This thread was started almost two years ago back when the meat and antler haul from Alaska to the states was still in concept stage. Since then, I have done the haul twice, in 2010 and 2011. Both trips went off without a single hitch, from picking up in Ak, crossing customs, as well as delivering. I am in the proccess of making all necessary arrangements to make the trip again in Sept 2012, however at this point in time, still winter, it's to early to say with 100 percent certainty if it is a go. If all my arrangements any planning go well, (and there's alot behind the scenes, trust me LOL) I'll have all the details listed on the website including pickup dates, places, etc.

Thanks for the interest!
    Mike

I think you have a heck of a good idea. Luckily I work for Lynden down here in Wa. and plan on useing them this fall to ship meat and horns back to Wa. I'm going to look into those permits you were talking about.Thanks, Ron.

Would you haul fish?

I have hauled fish for the guys who have shipped their moose meat and antlers, provided the fish was vacuum packed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast