Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: HOW to ""END"" Bait Stations off the HOPE Road......????

  1. #1

    Default HOW to ""END"" Bait Stations off the HOPE Road......????

    Step# 1) Leave three bags of human snack wrappers & Red Bull cans where you park.

    Step# 2) The Forest Services goes to Chugach Electric and says: Put up "HEAVY" access Gates to YOUR Service roads on OUR Property.

    Yes, I know the first response: How do you know it was 100% for sure bear Baiter's who left the trash.........I don't. But I would wager a lot.

    How can people have so much disrespect for public land.

  2. #2
    Member waterbustn''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Palmer,AK
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Have you ever been down KGB?? I think it's worse down there than even Jim Creek! Even one of my favorite spots here in Palmer is starting to look like a dump. I try and bring others trash out with me when I can. It's just sad. By the way, how's the snow levels down there yet? Need to do some hiking up in those mountains this summer!!

  3. #3

    Default

    Waterbustin', There is still a lot of snow above 1,000' ASL, and spotty snow even at Sea level.

  4. #4
    Member waterbustn''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Palmer,AK
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Thanks.

    Nothing like ppl leaving trash all over the place to ruin a good thing for everyone. I think if we policed ourselves more it'd help a lot. I caught some dude showing his son how to snag reds in cottonwood creek this last fall, walked past him and told him point blank if I saw him down there again snagging I'd call the troopers. Needless to say he left, and I only saw him one other time the rest of the season.

    I do also think if our officers took littering a little more serious there'd be less off it.

  5. #5

    Angry

    Trash can be found Coast to Coast. If someone wants to use this ploy to end hunting, there is little to be done about it. It is the locals or a beauracrat that will use this to try and further their agenda of keeping others out.

    Look at Jim Creek. Perfect example. Trashed beyond compare. Locals and beauracrats want to use it to their advantage. So far they have not been successful. Thank God.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Trash can be found Coast to Coast. If someone wants to use this ploy to end hunting, there is little to be done about it. It is the locals or a beauracrat that will use this to try and further their agenda of keeping others out.

    Look at Jim Creek. Perfect example. Trashed beyond compare. Locals and beauracrats want to use it to their advantage. So far they have not been successful. Thank God.

    I feel that is NOT the case here. NO one who works at the Silvertip D.O.T. station lives in the Hope/Sunrise area, however they are charged with picking up the trash. To make there job more manageable they are going to block the access points (Chugach Electric Service trails) to the main power line, which will in effect reduce parking to paved turn-outs on the inbound side of Hope Road. Which means Baiter's may have to park a fair ways away.

    Those Service Access trails are only for Chugach Electric Co. use. And even then only for permitted equipment outlined in the Forest Service Permit.

    Chugach Electric is having problems with Bear Baiter's over on the Beluga main transmission line across the inlet, and elsewhere.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I feel that is NOT the case here. NO one who works at the Silvertip D.O.T. station lives in the Hope/Sunrise area, however they are charged with picking up the trash. To make there job more manageable they are going to block the access points (Chugach Electric Service trails) to the main power line, which will in effect reduce parking to paved turn-outs on the inbound side of Hope Road. Which means Baiter's may have to park a fair ways away.

    Those Service Access trails are only for Chugach Electric Co. use. And even then only for permitted equipment outlined in the Forest Service Permit.

    Chugach Electric is having problems with Bear Baiter's over on the Beluga main transmission line across the inlet, and elsewhere.
    They are only looking for excuses to close their access. They will use it to their advantage. If it weren't Trash, it would be something else. No end to the land lockup policies that individuals, corps and beauracrats are striving for. It is predictable and being more and more accepted by our society these days. That whole area used to be totally accessible, now it is one of the most restricted areas in the state. It is rancid and rampant. Ugly situation that I expect will get way worse in the future, because so many of us accept it.

    They could easily remedy the situation by placing a few dumpsters along the way....but it is way easier to close it.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  8. #8

    Default Agreed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Trash can be found Coast to Coast. If someone wants to use this ploy to end hunting, there is little to be done about it. It is the locals or a beauracrat that will use this to try and further their agenda of keeping others out.

    Look at Jim Creek. Perfect example. Trashed beyond compare. Locals and beauracrats want to use it to their advantage. So far they have not been successful. Thank God.
    Totally agree with you!

  9. #9
    Member broncoformudv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    4,670

    Default

    I agree the trash issue is getting out of hand across the state from what I have seen. Not sure what it is going to take for sportsmen to start plolicing up after themselves? It is not just the hunters the fishers, atv users, hikers, etc are all part of the problem.

    Like most of you I try and do my part by bringing out others trash when I can.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    They could easily remedy the situation by placing a few dumpsters along the way....but it is way easier to close it.
    There are FOUR (4) Dumpsters at the hope cut-off, And THREE (3) more in at the Hope Transfer Site. It is interesting that in New Zealand they do not have this problem. I feel it is a lack of respect for fellow humans that people will trash OUR Beautiful State.

  11. #11

    Default Agreed!

    Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    I agree the trash issue is getting out of hand across the state from what I have seen. Not sure what it is going to take for sportsmen to start plolicing up after themselves? It is not just the hunters the fishers, atv users, hikers, etc are all part of the problem.

    Like most of you I try and do my part by bringing out others trash when I can.
    A+!!!! Spot on Bronco!

  12. #12
    Member Marc Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    1,279

    Angry

    Heartbreaking. Just heartbreaking.

    If there were no litter it would be a near-perfect world. You know why?

    My reasoning: A scumbag capable of tossing his trash out because he/she is too lazy to store and discard it properly has the same scumbag gene that would rape, steal, mug, lie and generally promote the (devolution) of the human species.

    I once followed a dirtbag teenager from Anchorage until he stopped for gas in Girdwood. He tossed wrappers and trash the whole way to Girdwood. I could have been arrested for the way I berated his azz at the gas pump at the Tesoro! I called him everything but the N-word and took his tag number and called the Troopers later with his description. I hope his Daddy had the sense to pull his driving privileges, but I doubt that.

    Extremely sad.

    WE need to keep this at the forefront and police our own.

    Taylor

  13. #13
    Member sayak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central peninsula, between the K-rivers
    Posts
    5,790

    Default You forgot...

    Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    I agree the trash issue is getting out of hand across the state from what I have seen. Not sure what it is going to take for sportsmen to start plolicing up after themselves? It is not just the hunters the fishers, atv users, hikers, etc are all part of the problem.

    Like most of you I try and do my part by bringing out others trash when I can.
    ... the gravel pit shooter/trashers. You know, the low lifes that haul old TVs computers, propane bottles, etc. out to shoot at and then leave the remains. I really hate these folks. They are the kind who get good informal shooting areas shut down for those who do police after themselves and carry out their trash. They are also the type that the anti-s point at as representing all gun folk.

  14. #14
    Member pike_palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the 907
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    My truck may look like a dumpster on the inside, but I NEVER throw anything out the window.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •