Thread: Trail river campground?

Default Trail river campground?

Looking to head there this weekend with my 3 year old. She wants to do some fishing. Anyone do any good in Kenai lake from shore? Any help would be much appreciated plans aren't set in stone but we do plan on ending up in Seward at some point.

Kenai lake is not where I'd take a three year old fishing... There are fish but, it can be really slow. Be sure to check the regs this time of year.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Not sure where to take her. Most other campgrounds I've been to suck.

Sounds like you want to take her camping and fishing ? If your intent on the KP and don't mind going a bit further south, try Johnson lake just past Soldotna. Or Jerome, Jean, Summit, Lower Summit, Scout,lakes.

There are a few along Swanson river road as well.

Enjoy the time with the daughter !

Quote Originally Posted by .338WM View Post
    Sounds like you want to take her camping and fishing ? If your intent on the KP and don't mind going a bit further south, try Johnson lake just past Soldotna. Or Jerome, Jean, Summit, Lower Summit, Scout,lakes.

There are a few along Swanson river road as well.

Enjoy the time with the daughter !
    Definitely looking to camp and fish. I have to be in Seward by Sunday is the reason for going that way. Don't really care how slow the fishing is. Just looking for tips and what we might expect to catch. I like the campground and think my family might also.

Given your plans you may find success fishing the outlet of trail lake. normally it is open to fishing with bait ( check the regs of course), dollies would be a good bet with the chance of a rainbow or two.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBroncoII View Post
    Definitely looking to camp and fish. I have to be in Seward by Sunday is the reason for going that way. Don't really care how slow the fishing is. Just looking for tips and what we might expect to catch. I like the campground and think my family might also.
    It's a great campground and I would bet that many of the folks going to Seward have never stopped there. And there are fish there as my brother pulled a little laker (25 inches or so) with his flyrod early in the morning shadows. I would assume that floating something under a bobber (if allowed) would probably catch a fish too.