Thread: Show me your old and tired...

Default Show me your old and tired...

Lots of pretty new machines out there. People should be proud of them. However, I know there are some veteran and venerable machines out there too. I would like to see them. The one which you limped home on... the one which has packed out so many moose, or taken you to so many cool places. here is my very old beater:

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Lots of pretty new machines out there. People should be proud of them. However, I know there are some veteran and venerable machines out there too. I would like to see them. The one which you limped home on... the one which has packed out so many moose, or taken you to so many cool places. here is my very old beater:
    Great idea for a thread! I don't have much in the way of "tired iron" Most of my rigs are '04 and newer but I have a couple mid 90's LT80s project bikes that I am going to be working on pretty soon for the kids. I don't have any pics at the moment but will certainly take a few when I start putting them together!

Here's mine, 99 sportsman 500.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default I am running with 1993 and 1995 Polaris Trail Bosses

Yes there where and are a ton of nice new vehicles out and on the market. But i couldnt help but think the following as we where out riding.

Picnic lunch for the family...........$15
    Tank full of gas for truck and quads...........$100
    Riding all day and knowing i dont have a monthly payment.......priceless.

Everytime i get the jealousy bug with all the new machines on the market i just tell myself one thing. Mine are paid for. I trust them, know them and feel confident to take them anywhere anyone else does.

Default My tired iron

1997 king quad coming up on 8000 miles on her
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Ha!

I forgot I started this thread because nobody responded for awhile. I figured I was the only one out there who didn't have a showroom worthy machine. Then I saw this thread under "New Posts".

RMK, you must baby your machine 'cause it looks cherry.

Flyfish, you got me beat!

Husker, my sentiments exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerhav View Post
    Yes there where and are a ton of nice new vehicles out and on the market. But i couldnt help but think the following as we where out riding.

Picnic lunch for the family...........$15
    Tank full of gas for truck and quads...........$100
    Riding all day and knowing i dont have a monthly payment.......priceless.

Everytime i get the jealousy bug with all the new machines on the market i just tell myself one thing. Mine are paid for. I trust them, know them and feel confident to take them anywhere anyone else does.
    Mine aren't that old but I am in the same boat. I have set a rule that toys only get purchased w/ cash. I do ok and guess I could go and buy a brand new rig but when it comes to slapping down actual money it I just can't do it. All of my rigs are purchased off of craigslist and the most expensive one was 5K which is pretty darn good for a fully loaded 700efi AC w/ 180 miles! Wife rides a loaded 04 kodiak (200 miles) we got for 3500 and the kids each have real wheelers which all together cost about 800. I have found that if I set aside cash and am patient I can get extraordinary deals! So my whole family got outfitted well for about the cost of one brand new big bore utility quad!

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    I forgot I started this thread because nobody responded for awhile. I figured I was the only one out there who didn't have a showroom worthy machine. Then I saw this thread under "New Posts".

RMK, you must baby your machine 'cause it looks cherry.

Flyfish, you got me beat!

Husker, my sentiments exactly.

I don't baby my rig, but I do keep up on the maintenance, and it has always treated me well.

I agree 100% about the PAID FOR concept, it's a nice feeling.

honda atc

Semper Fi!

I would love to have a mint Honda ATC 90.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

My poor old kawasaki mojave, pretty much put to rest... its a shame it was so abused by the people who owned it before me, you don't see these mojaves up here that much.