Thread: No luck

Unhappy No luck

So, after 2 weeks of having bait placed, still not even a sniff. We have popcorn with powdered sugar, doughnuts, jello, anise, syrups (all kinds, even hersheys) dog food etc and nothing has touched it. Dont think I want to keep burning the gas to make the 200 mi round trip from Anchorage any more. Anyone have any ideas as to where I could or should try next?

sorry to hear that dude. Seems like you have all the right ingredients and you should have had hits If there where any bears ion the area. I do wish you the best of luck.

I'd let it sit a bit longer, I just got my first hit yesterday(unit 16A) after having my bait out for about 11 days. Maybe try some scent products from Baitem907, that brings them in!

im in 16 off of the copper river , havent had a hit yet ether, last yr i didnt get any hits till bout the 1st of june by all blackies then a grizz came in on the 12th and finished the season for me

Quote Originally Posted by PlastikBulletz View Post
    So, after 2 weeks of having bait placed, still not even a sniff. We have popcorn with powdered sugar, doughnuts, jello, anise, syrups (all kinds, even hersheys) dog food etc and nothing has touched it. Dont think I want to keep burning the gas to make the 200 mi round trip from Anchorage any more. Anyone have any ideas as to where I could or should try next?
    Couple q's for ya:

What unit are you in?
    Has there been a bait station established previously?
    Are there other baiters around?
    What kinda signs are around your area?

I'd deff. give it a couple more weeks. I usually get hit in 14B a week after setting bait, however in diff GMU's, it's a diff story. Memorial weekend seems to be the ticket. Hang in there

some reasons you may not be getting a hit are that you may be too close to a road that hey have to come out of thier comfort zone to get to you, I like to really put a ton of scent out maybe in the begggining you did but I also refresh pretty heavy after its been two weeks on the scent to attract even more bears so you may want to do that.

Maybe ill give it throught the weekend. Ill keep refreshing through the next week, after that ill probably pull it out. Maybe start scouting for a new spot.

Remember, it stayed frozen late this year. The Big Su just broke a little bit ago. We're still early... but I'd be scouting, too, looking for some sign or an alternate spot.