Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Browns for the Board Of Game

  1. #1
    Member baitem907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    425

    Default Browns for the Board Of Game

    Post your pictures of brown bears only on your bait and what Unit you are in.
    I will print it off for a BOG meeting.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

  2. #2

    Default

    Had a 7.5' boar on mine yesterday but he avoided the camera.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    401

    Default Brown Bear



    Its funny you started this thread. We just checked one of our baits last night and as a first time baiter My wife and I were very excited about our bait being hit for the first time. That was until we viewed the pictures. Our first bear was what I would call a decent size brown bear. This bear found our bait in about 24 hours. We were a little bummed that it wasn't a black bear at first but now I think its kinda neat. The time is a little off. Its actually about 6:30 am. My bait is approx. 13 miles north of Seward in unit 7. Hope this helps..
    Olin

  4. #4
    Member Stogey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    AK
    Posts
    561

    Default Four years

    Quote Originally Posted by baitem907 View Post
    Post your pictures of brown bears only on your bait and what Unit you are in.
    I will print it off for a BOG meeting.
    I have four years of pictures and excel spreadsheets, all from one stand in one GMU, with numerous brown bears recorded in the same 15-20 day window.

    I can put it all on a CD for you.

  5. #5

    Thumbs up

    Exceptional Idea. Pics are worth a thousand Bio's words. We have all watched them spread their personal agendas far too long. Hunters in the field can and should show proof of what they are seeing, on a regular basis. Hopefully a few on the BOG will be able to look at photographic proof of their existence and increasingly huge numbers, take some action to curb the population, down to what it was at time of Statehood. That is the Benchmark the BOG should be striving for.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  6. #6

    Default unit 12 outside tok

    grizzly in unit 12 2010
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    Member pike_palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the 907
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    I wish I still had pics from last year in 16B. Hundreds to choose from.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

  8. #8
    Member AK145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    640

    Default

    Jess....grab a pic or two off the other thread I started. Did you see the pic of that giant smelling that scent bell? That thing is at least 10-11 feet up there.

  9. #9
    Member tiger15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    211

    Default Unit 20B

    This is from north and east of Eielson.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #10

    Default grizz

    Grizz smelling 907 bacon scent ball 10 foot high up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #11
    New member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7

    Default Unit 14B

    Here are pictures a brown bear on my bait in Unit 14B.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #12
    New member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7

    Default Unit 14B

    Here is pictures of the other brown bear on my bait in Unit 14B.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •