Thread: Ruger failure

That's some expensive ammo to be using for a training course.

Blaser is good training ammo. Of course some here would say CCI ammo blows up Ruger

Interesting that the instructor thinks it fired out of alignment. If that's the case, the firing pin strikes on the fired shell would not be centered. I suppose it could be some sort of hang fire and it went off while the shooter was pulling the trigger and rotating the cylinder.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Interesting that the instructor thinks it fired out of alignment. If that's the case, the firing pin strikes on the fired shell would not be centered. I suppose it could be some sort of hang fire and it went off while the shooter was pulling the trigger and rotating the cylinder.
    My thoughts too Doug. And I wouldn't think it could fire far enough out of alignment for a substantial portion of the bullet to go beside the barrel.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    That's some expensive ammo to be using for a training course.
    CCI Blazer?? are you kidding?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I'd say it was not likely so far out of index that it could fire the primer and not put the bulled in the forcing cone. It may well have been out of index some and overstressed the forcing cone causing the barrel to split at the cone and the resultant gas escape destroyed the shroud. Lacking full scientific detail, otherwise a reliable report.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    CCI Blazer?? are you kidding?

I just looked up the price. I guess I spoke too soon. I just assumed +P would be a pretty penny.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    I just looked up the price. I guess I spoke too soon. I just assumed +P would be a pretty penny.
    I'd say 158gr +P's are a bit on the heavy side...but if she's trying to train with similar to what she shoots I guess I can understand. I don't train that way. I shoot inexpensive wadcutters and cheap RN's for training...because the adrenaline in a "stress situation" changes the point of aim a bit anyway...and I'll never tell the difference at the defensive distances.

Nothing against Ruger (as I'd love an OLD speed six in .357 or a good Blackhawk/Redhawk), but two words in a snubby: Smith, and Wesson.

Ruger has just released that little revolver in a 357 magnum. All though it looks the same it does weigh about 4 ounces more and it's made with stainless steel instead of plastic.

http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/models.html