Thread: Bear Grylls Caribou hunt...

Default Bear Grylls Caribou hunt...

I know some folks don't like him and all that but here you go. Also, if you watch the show, you'll see a disclaimer that says they recieve help. I'll watch it for entertainment when it's on but usually change it when he drinks his own urine or does something similar. Here's how he got a caribou:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPyyG6eukVA&feature=youtube_gdata

Type "bear grylls kills reindeer" in the search box if this link is funky. It takes me to a page to sign in but I don't have to sign in when I view it from my iphone.

Default Messy

He's really messy with all that hair for sure. I'd rather slice that heart up and cook it in my Mountain House personally.

Whatever! It sells shows.

doesnt really show how he captured the bou. He tied it to a tree, but how did he catch the **** thing? Always wanted to jump on one and try to ride it. Thought that would be a rush!

Thumbs down Whatever...

I wish he would actually go through what he would actually do if he didn't have a dozen people following him around...most the things he does it seems he is either bypassing steps that you could/should be taking, are ridiculous, or completely unsafe for the average person. I once caught a bit of an episode where he was in the canyons of southern Utah I think. He hauled around a bunch of cable he found and then tied a deer antler to it to make a grappling hook. He then proceeded to throw this thing into a pine tree in the bottom of a box canyon. By some magical twist of fate it hooked strong enough to support his weight as he zip lined to the tree. This type of mind set when you're actually lost is ridiculous to me. Like it's already been said, it sells. Just irresponsible to me.

AZinAK

yeah i saw the deer antler/cable one also it was ridiculous he threw it like 100yrds and it magically hooked a tree and he slid down like batman. i think the survivorman show is much better. i know the first thing i would do in a survival situation is fly from trees and try to add some danger and excitment because the bears and weather aren't enough up here.

Personally i think the guy is JOKE ! in addition I believe the his demonstrations mislead people to a great degree and are more detrimental than helpful, I do not even find them entertaining from the most ridiculous perspective.

To those who are completely ignorant of what it means to experience and/or survive the outdoors, his antics may hold some fascination.

he sprinkles some useful tidbits in with his made-for-tv surviving. I think the only problem with that is that to a person unfamiliar with outdoorsy stuff wouldn't be able to tell the difference in useful and useless.
    I think this particular clip got me with the shock factor.
    I saw my dad knife a white tail after he spine-shot it with an errant arrow. It was pretty gruesome but not quite like this.

I'd have to say that's pretty sick, although i've seen his show when he squeezed water outta fresh elphant crap!!
    Really though if they hadn't given him the animal he would have never caught one.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbustn' View Post
    I'd have to say that's pretty sick, although i've seen his show when he squeezed water outta fresh elphant crap!!
    Really though if they hadn't given him the animal he would have never caught one.
    And he said he couldn't drink river water for fear of getting sick.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Where to begin??
    Hmmmmmmmmmm.....He had the kill and the bleed out right, but from then on everyone sitting here laughed at the total stupidity of his moves........it wasnt "-20" anything, he didnt even have 'breath' hanging around, more than anything , he needs IMMEDIATE lessons on how to use a knife on an animal, as well as skinning things in freezing temps BEFORE gutting and slopping that skin up with blood,as its too valuable for such , like he did his jacket arms ~~LOL!!~~ on his down jacket, which he shoulda took off before gutting, as well as leaving blood all over his face.....IF he were worried about warmth and calories, the intestinal fats, kidneys and the tounge would have been the big warm up meal, and if he wants something to drink, maby blood is best, but I would have skinned the carcass and opend the belly without cutting the guts or bleeding and piled snow in, to be melted, drank and collected for later....I could go on and on.......He'd be dead soon, without help........

What a mess....
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

My money would be on Stranger.