Thread: Recommend binoculars

Default Recommend binoculars

Could someone recommend some binoculars with 8x magnification? The quality must be great and durable. I donít care brand of binoculars.

carson xm50 hd. lifetime warranty very durable, Glass on par with zeiss at least to my eyes

don't know much about 8x. I am very impressed with 10x43 Zen-ray ED2 I just received yesterday. I am sure if the 8x is as good as the 10x, it will be one hell of binoculars

Default minox

You can get them from the sponser of this section. The clarity and quality equals ones that cost twice the price and that's not an exaggeration!

Default 8x42's...Minox...

Here's a review of 8x42's specifically and speaks well of Minox...

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/8x42.html

Leica. I waited 20 years until I could afford a pair, I wish I had just been foolish and bought them long ago, I missed so much....

I second purchasing them from Doug, the guy is simply over-the-top on customer service.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

I have Nikon Monarch 8 x 42, bought from Doug at Cameraland. Great glass for the money. Have been very happy with them.

Default I'd 2nd that Minox recommendation

I'm happy with the Minox 10 by 42 HG binoc I got from Doug last Christmas..Mid-price range of about $570.00

If you budget is a bit higher I'd suggest looking towad those Swarofski SLC or EL in 8 by 32 of 10 by 40
    Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for the shadow is mine and so is the valley. Thy Glock and thy M14 comfort me in days of civil unrest and terror