Thread: Trade value on CZ550 FS in 9.3x62mm?

Default Trade value on CZ550 FS in 9.3x62mm?

What do my esteemed brothers (and sisters) think the going trade value would be for a CZ-550 full stock in 9.3x62mm. Used in 90% plus condition no extras.
    I was thinking anywhere between $700 pretty good to $900 new in box, as the price range.

How close am I ?
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    What do my esteemed brothers (and sisters) think the going trade value would be for a CZ-550 full stock in 9.3x62mm. Used in 90% plus condition no extras.
    I was thinking anywhere between $700 pretty good to $900 new in box, as the price range.

How close am I ?
    I'd say your in the ball park!

I always feel like I'm getting hosed when I trade anything firearms related. I usually sell first and then pay cash. The 9.3 x 62 is kind of a specialty/abnormal cartridge (though a good one). I'm betting their is someone out there just wishing you'd list that thing on Gunbroker or Auction Arms.

Actually a guy from out of State is talking about trading one to me for my 6.8mm SPC AR.

Actually a guy from out of State is talking about trading one to me for my 6.8mm SPC AR.
    I am not a black gun fan but love mauser bolt guns and living where you do I'd be for it! He should have to give you enough boot to set you up shooting the 9.3 for a long time!

tHE TOP BIDS ON GB FOR THAT GUN OVER THE PAST 90 DAYS ARE $505 FOR AS NEW, $605 FOR ALMOST NEW AND $735 FOR NEW

90% will retail for at most $500. Trade value at a reputable gun shop is $350. Our policy on trades is to reduce the price of the itme being traded for of course, so it works out probably to be more than $350.

Up here, its seems that only us and GNG have the ammo.

Default Price...

Perfect rifle and a perfect caliber. I would trade my left nut Why are you getting rid of it? I always loved the heavy, slow, bone crushing mauser caliber (African classic if there ever was one) and the massive Mauser actions on the CZs cannot be beat for the money as far as I am concerned. If there was a perfect rifle for me... it would be a CZ 550 (or one of the old Brno rifles) in a 9.3x62 Mauser. It will kill anything on this continent and if you decide to go Africa one day, it is widely accepted there. An ideal all around rifle.

I am not a black gun fan but love Mauser bolt guns a
    Me too. The 6.8mm AR is nice and super accurate but it does not trip my trigger.
    BUT, I have dies, a bunch of loaded ammo and a bunch of brass which he is not interested in, thus I would still have to sell it, plus he seems to think the CZ is worth a tad more than it really is..

Of course IO already have a 45-70, 416 Taylor, and a 350 Rem Mag, so I really don't need the 9.3,, but it would be interesting...

Thumbs up

Me too. The 6.8mm AR is nice and super accurate but it does not trip my trigger.
    BUT, I have dies, a bunch of loaded ammo and a bunch of brass which he is not interested in, thus I would still have to sell it, plus he seems to think the CZ is worth a tad more than it really is..

Of course IO already have a 45-70, 416 Taylor, and a 350 Rem Mag, so I really don't need the 9.3,, but it would be interesting...
    Its not a matter of need...................its a matter of greed!

It all depends on what the voices in my head tell me.

Although I would not mind having a CZ in 9.3mm, the current owner has no dies or brass to sweeten the deal and seems to think his is suddenly worth over $900... plus he is out of state and tried blowing smoke up my kilt..

I will wait until I run across a 9.3 up here. No big hurry to trade off the 6.8mm AR either, I don't shoot it anymore, but it's not eating anything either..