Thread: WTB = hollow pointing tool for lead bullets?

Default WTB = hollow pointing tool for lead bullets?

Anyone know for sure where to find a bullet hollow-pointing tool and for what calibers? Only interested in center fire pistol calibers to avoid buying another mould. Any comment on using them?

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

seems to me that I saw them in the Midway USA catalog? I have not used them, but do have a hollow point Lee mould for 230gr rn .452 bullets that I used quite a bit. The effectiveness of your hollow point bullets will depend directly on your velocity and alloy composition. too fast and they can pretty much disintigrate, same for too soft. Too hard or slow and they dont really do anything.

Out of my 45 Colt at about 900fps an alloy that gives you a bn hardness number under 10 seems to work about the best...

good luck
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Default If you have a Forster case trimmer

they sell a hollow pointing tool that works very well.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brandy View Post
    they sell a hollow pointing tool that works very well.

i think that was the one I was thinking about....
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Drill bit in a press works pretty good. Just eyeball it and use a drill stop. Did it more than a few times and being off center a little didnt seem to affect accuracy.
    Tennessee