Thread: Point Baker, Coffman Cove, or Thorne Bay?

Default Point Baker, Coffman Cove, or Thorne Bay?

I am thinking about doing a self guided trip with my son either late July or Aug at one of these locations. I am mostly looking at self-guided option and looking for the most consistent action on Silvers and bottom dwellers. Crabbibg/shrimping would be a bonus. Any recommendations?

coffman cove has my vote, I've fished all three places,I'll be in coffman cove the whole month of aug.If you dont have a boat, You can rent one.

1250 miles S/O paradise in the lwr 48 dreaming of SE AK

A friend of mine who is a member on here he has a place on POW @ Coffman Cove. He rents it out and they have a boat also you can google it Salmon Shores I belive he is very reasonable.

Mike

Default Shameless plug

Hey Torpedo,

Any of those three places would be fun, good fishing and good folks in all towns. It is a bit late in the year to book but some folks may have space. We are full for the season but do have the 10-17th of July open due to a medical issue. Last year the same group caught 140 fish in 4 days, they have booked the week in '11. Silvers, kings, and butts should be available. If you want info on the other locations I would be happy to help I have a few contacts.

Good luck, thanks for coming up!

Gooch
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

Thanks for all your help!

Mike, 7/11-7/17 slot isn't too early for silvers?

Default Sorry

Sorry it took a bit we are swamped right now and I just logged back on. As for those dates being too early for silvers, that is a great time time here typically for silvers. We have a hatchery run up the coast a few bays that produces a summer run of silver salmon that begin returing to the river in late June. Last year we started getting limits of silvers on June 24. There is a silver derby on July 3rd actually. Downriggers outfish mooching this time of year.

Gooch
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island