Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: kepler bradley

  1. #1
    Member Theone2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Valley,Alaska
    Posts
    229

    Default kepler bradley

    Has anyone caught any grayling out of kepler bradley??

    if so, can you give me some tips on where to go and what to use to catch them on that lake.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Member alaskachuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    3,256

    Default

    My wife and I have. We always fish to the right of the little bridge that crosses the lake to the campspots. I just work the right shoreline. Any fry fly, nymph, 0-1 mepps spinners. Not alot of size to them but there are alot of them.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

  3. #3
    Member chico99645's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    Ditto on what Chuck said. There is a little boat house right on the water, from there on its pretty good. Try a Cyclone if you like throwing metal. The little silver one is hot for trout and grayling. Walmart sells them.

    http://www.boaterbarn.com/spoons_176.htm

  4. #4
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    I've been hammering them on this lately:



    http://www.alaskaflyfishinggoods.com...uct-flyer.html

    Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  5. #5
    Member Theone2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Valley,Alaska
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Interesting. i have been fishing the same shore spot but only catching the bows.
    I am gonna have to take my fly rod out and try.
    They dont tend to like shrimp.
    Grayling also have very small mouths.

  6. #6
    Member TruBluTex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    226

    Default

    They must have come out since my last visit a week ago Saturday. Only caught a pan fry trout, snaged a 2 inch sickleback in the belly, and had two hits. Primarily used Prince Nymph, Beadheaded Nymph, and a few dry flies.
    America...land of the free, home of the brave and infiltrated by the blind & naive.

    Psalms 109:8

  7. #7

    Default Keplar Bradley

    I live in the Valley and would like to try fishing for grayling on Keplar Bradley lakes. How do you get there? Thanks

  8. #8
    Member Theone2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Valley,Alaska
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Heading back out tonight. Gonna try with some of my new flies.

    The Grayling tend to hang by the shoreline at kepler bradley.

    I don't know why a lot of people don't catch them that often.
    There bait is probably to big for the grayling's mouth.

    Well, i will let you guys know how it goes.

  9. #9

    Cool

    I am thinking about fishing there this week. Any suggestions on area of the lakes to fish, flys/ hardware to use, and what time of day seems to produce?

  10. #10
    Member scott_rn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dallman3 View Post
    I am thinking about fishing there this week. Any suggestions on area of the lakes to fish, flys/ hardware to use, and what time of day seems to produce?
    Mosquitos at dusk worked for me.

  11. #11

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by chico99645 View Post
    Ditto on what Chuck said. There is a little boat house right on the water, from there on its pretty good. Try a Cyclone if you like throwing metal. The little silver one is hot for trout and grayling. Walmart sells them.

    http://www.boaterbarn.com/spoons_176.htm
    The Brass ones with the Red Dots are exceptional on Rainbows in creeks and lakes.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  12. #12
    Member Theone2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Valley,Alaska
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Yeah the bows love the Mosquitos

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •