Thread: Question on floating Willow

Default Question on floating Willow

Hi,

I'm thinking of floating the lower Willow, parks down, with my wife and 3 small kids this wkend. It'll be our first time on the Willow. I've got a fairly heavy raft and my wife and I normally use a hand crank ratchet to help load the raft back on the trailer at take out ramps. I tried google satelite, but not much detail....we were wondering about how much dragging/lifting is involved at the Willow/Su takeout? Can a trailer be backed up close to the water? Really appreciate any help, Thanks! Craig

Well you can't get a truck near the sue take out as they have big rocks in the way so people won't drive to close to cut bank. You will need to catch the little chanel stream that runs into the willow right before you get to the Big Su and go up that a little bit and they have a ramp take out there. You almost need to go look at it before you float as you will be parking there anyway. I haven't floated this year yet ,but that stream bed is normally pretty shallow. What size boat you floating with? There are those that will take a big cat down it but mostly smaller boats are best. Willow isn't very wide and there are a few things like logs along the way.Have fun!

Thanks for your help. I have a 14' SB raft. I'll definitely scout the take out like you recommend prior to launching. Have a good weekend.