Thread: homer salmon today...

Default homer salmon today...

not a complete report, but sounds like fishing was pretty good. we hooked 3 and landed 2 over by pogi, and a buddy near us went 1 for one. got a few dark/dusky rockfish too, and kept the 3 biggest. never stumbled into any blacks. hooked fish at 40, 50, and 60, on herring, plugs and spoons.
    my sister and BIL got a 30 pound class white king over around the whales tale about noon, and another friend off the bluffs had 3 in the boat by 7:30 all #18-20. there were a few halibut hooked trolling on the bluff side too.
    all the fish i heard of were feeders, too.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

hmmm... with my luck at shrimping in PWS, maybe I should head back to Homer with that kind of report!! Sounds pretty darn good... nice haul for ya!
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...

"homerdave", I got a good report from a friend who fished Friday up by the south line and then down by Bluff Point. They caught five, kept four. So Saturday I head up there armed with good info. We dragged everything I had from troll herring to plugs, you name it, at all depths. Didn't get a hit. I didn't see anybody catch one either, but that doesn't mean they weren't. Kind of disappointing. We ended up hitting an old halibut spot by the elbow and got dinner and a couple more. Just wondering if anybody was fishing the bluff side Sat. and had success.

Quote Originally Posted by Homertime View Post
    "homerdave", I got a good report from a friend who fished Friday up by the south line and then down by Bluff Point. They caught five, kept four. So Saturday I head up there armed with good info. We dragged everything I had from troll herring to plugs, you name it, at all depths. Didn't get a hit. I didn't see anybody catch one either, but that doesn't mean they weren't. Kind of disappointing. We ended up hitting an old halibut spot by the elbow and got dinner and a couple more. Just wondering if anybody was fishing the bluff side Sat. and had success.
    I trolled off of Pogi for a little while with two clients and we caught one little 3 lb. feeder there, but left when we started catching little ling after little ling on the south side of the point. We kept the king because they wanted something in the way of a king and I didn't want to promise them I'd get them another one.

We buzzed over to the Bluffs and in about 3 hours or so there we got two more feeders about 9 and 11 lbs. and then just as we were getting ready to head in had another takedown, but it was another "jack" in the 3 lb. range that we decided to release. We were dragging herring behind 11" flashers in about 75 ft. of water with everything about 40 ft. down. Here's a pic of what we got all day:
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Well, "Muttley", I see three more feeders in that group shot that we got.