Thread: Summer is coming...

Default Summer is coming...

You Alaska guys have it good. It looks like I'll have to start loading prior to 0500 to stay comfortable. My corner of the garage is just to hot and summer hasn't even started yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01617.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    You Alaska guys have it good. It looks like I'll have to start loading prior to 0500 to stay comfortable. My corner of the garage is just to hot and summer hasn't even started yet.
    I know what you mean; it is 57 now and I thought I was going to cook under the afternoon sun.

Thank goodness it's finally starting to cloud up.

And I was cooking at 76 degrees yesterday and I was thinking about opening a few windows.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

When I lived down there I would worry about summer all year long. Moving up here I thought I would be the same for winter but I was wrong, I love the change. I feel for you. It sucks to not be able to get the newspaper without second degree burns on bear feet. I donít miss trying to drive without touching anything for the first 2 miles or walking out of a store into a 118* slap in the face.

My mom is moving up next week and I may be flying down to bring her stuff if I can't talk someone into a free Alaska trip . . . man I don't want to go down there in summer! Sure is nice weather here, mid 70s, sunny, snowcapped mountains all around.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

This place is terrible freeze your butt off in the winter,can't sleep in the summer [all that daylight] the mosquitoes ,white socks, and black flies will suck you dry. Moose will stomp you, bears will eat you.Nobody should move here.
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by aaalaska View Post
    This place is terrible freeze your butt off in the winter,can't sleep in the summer [all that daylight] the mosquitoes ,white socks, and black flies will suck you dry. Moose will stomp you, bears will eat you.Nobody should move here.
    Alex
    Ha, you're too funny. Perhaps you didn't know I was born and raised in Anchorage, I know better.

Winters can get a little chilly up there but I've been much colder in North Dakota, Wyoming and Chicago than I ever was in Anchorage.

Oh well, yesterday was just a tease, it will soon be 115-120 in the shop.

Ha, you're too funny. Perhaps you didn't know I was born and raised in Anchorage, I know better.

Winters can get a little chilly up there but I've been much colder in North Dakota, Wyoming and Chicago than I ever was in Anchorage.

Oh well, yesterday was just a tease, it will soon be 115-120 in the shop.

Is that the reason why it's so crowded down there? I knew there had to be a good reason.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by aaalaska View Post
    Alex
    On any other forum I would say the same thing but the kind of people who read this forum we need up here to offset the anti gun school teacher tree hugger types that come anyway. Iíd be proud to make room for anyone like Marshall that wants to move here so we get some quality with the quantity.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

What in the heck is anybody doing talking anybody into moving here? I think Alex is right on the money talking people out of moving to this State. If you knew how these transplants borough there administrative law crap with them when they moved here you would think different also. Americans have been so long a sleep to this foulness that it will make you sick to learn how this fascism/marxism has spread. Most people don't even understand how Alaska got involved in this crap. OK I relinquish my soap box now.

Big Al if you're talking about me perhaps you didn't know that my father moved to AK in 1946 when he discharged from the navy after sailing the Pacific during WWII. My mother, grandmother and one sister are buried in a grave yard near Copper Landing. I was born in the year of the great quake in the great state, my roots are established.

I go back as often as my schedule allows. As a matter of fact, I'll be putting down a beer or two next Saturday night at Humpies. I fish every summer in Homer and Soldotna. My July trip is already planed. I hunt in the fall as often as I can, this year it will be the Brooks in August. I have two brothers, two sisters two uncles and one aunt still living in AK.

My wife is willing to relocate and my kids love it up there. My profession keeps me close to Phoenix for convenience. That convenience is quickly becoming an inconvenience.

I'll get off my box now...

I just couldn't handle that. Heat kills me... especially heat and humidity. We had snow today...LOL