Thread: Trade a Trip?

Default Trade a Trip?

Hi...I just signed up for this site. The content looks good and much less juvenile than the Florida Sportsman Fishing Forum which I normally frequent.

I live in South Florida and will be making my third trip to Alaska this June. I have a week planned at a fly-out lodge fishing for King Salmon and other freshwater species, but I was hoping to squeeze in a saltwater trip. If anyone in the Anchorage area would like to trade a trip (June 12) for my cousin and I, I would be happy to return the favor in South Florida (I fish out of Fort Lauderdale and the winter is peak sailfish season).

Thanks for reading,
    JP

Where are you hoping to fish out of? I might consider something like that, but Homer is 4 hours (plus) south of Anchorage.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

I was hoping to fish out of Anchorage, but there does not seem to be much activity there.

We are set to fly in to Anchorage on the evening of June 11, but do not fly out to our lodge until the evening of June 12. I think Homer might be too farfor a day trip unless we could switch our lodge flight to pick us up in Homer instead of Anchorage.

Regardless, thanks for the reply and feel free to contact me if in South Florida...maybe I can create some good karma in advance of my next trip to AK.

JP

Yeah, unfortunately Anchorage is not a place to be looking for saltwater charters. Whittier is only 45 minutes south, but if you have a flight to catch that evening you're really limited there by your time schedule.

Good luck on your fly-out adventure.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Thanks for the advice. I'll look you up the next time I'm in Homer (maybe next year).

JP